Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this HV.

As I mentioned in 23 above, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is now busy converting all my CDs and DVDs to MP4 format.

I still think €54 is a really cheap price for the headache-free task (for a non-techno like me) of converting my record and film collection to watch/listen to on my iPad and iPhone. Microsoft’s OneDrive is now busy uploading around 800 GB of music and films up to my account, which it’s doing, as you say, overnight.

Best wishes,

Mario

Comment

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
      Thanks for this HV.

As I mentioned in 23 above, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is now busy converting all my CDs and DVDs to MP4 format.

I still think €54 is a really cheap price for the headache-free task (for a non-techno like me) of converting my record and film collection to watch/listen to on my iPad and iPhone. Microsoft’s OneDrive is now busy uploading around 800 GB of music and films up to my account, which it’s doing, as you say, overnight.

Best wishes,

Mario
      You keep 800 Gbytes on an external account? !!!!!!!

Comment

With Microsoft OneDrive, I’ve nonetheless opted for the Family subscription, which gives me 6TB of storage for Eur 99.00 p.a. This is huge and so far I’ve only used just over 1GB with my (hides his shame) only 2,000 CDs.

But I also have some 1500 films we’ve accumulated (and purchased from Regions 2, 3 and 4).
        Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        You keep 800 Gbytes on an external account? !!!!!!!

Ahem, no, I keep around 2.3TB on a cloud service. Uploading to OneDrive will take a few nights yet, and yes, I do have a very good internet connection!

Mario

Comment

Seeking help from techies here!

All DVDs and CDs have now been converted and uploaded to my Cloud service for my enjoyment while travelling.
          This leaves my Blu-Ray and 3D DVDs. I have found a programme to convert the Blu-Ray DVDs (WinX doesn’t rip Blu-Ray DVDs). 3D DVDs cannot be converted, but those that allow you to watch as a 2D movie can (I think).

Question is how?

My PC CD-ROM does not play Blu-Ray. It was suggested I connect my DVD player (which happens to play both BluRay and 3D DVDs) to my PC.

I’ve tried HDMI to the back of my CPU – no good. I’ve tried HDMI to my monitor – picture but no sound, and even then, how do I access my WinX programme for conversion? The PC does not recognise the DVD Player. I've tried USB to USB – still no good.

I tried all the above with my laptop as well – still no joy.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mario

Comment

Seeking help from techies here!

All DVDs and CDs have now been converted and uploaded to my Cloud service for my enjoyment while travelling.
            This leaves my Blu-Ray and 3D DVDs. I have found a programme to convert the Blu-Ray DVDs (WinX doesn’t rip Blu-Ray DVDs). 3D DVDs cannot be converted, but those that allow you to watch as a 2D movie can (I think).

Question is how?

My PC CD-ROM does not play Blu-Ray. It was suggested I connect my DVD player (which happens to play both BluRay and 3D DVDs) to my PC.

I’ve tried HDMI to the back of my CPU – no good. I’ve tried HDMI to my monitor – picture but no sound, and even then, how do I access my WinX programme for conversion? The PC does not recognise the DVD Player. I've tried USB to USB – still no good.

I tried all the above with my laptop as well – still no joy.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mario
            Looks like you may need a USB Blu-ray player/burner such as https://www.morecomputers.com/a?pid=...06b4e9acce1117

Comment

Reliable as ever - thanks Bryn!

Mario

Comment

Reliable as ever - thanks Bryn!

Mario
                Be sure to check out non-Amazon reviews from respected review sites, for this and alternative models.

Comment

I will do.

My problem is whether I can find a stockist here, otherwise it's probably Amazon.de for me.

Thanks again,

Mario

Comment

Thank you, Bryn for the quality USB Blu-ray player/burner. I have been using it. It works great.

Comment

Working...
                    X