Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

receiving through denon tuner

I have a denon tuner & an outside aerial gradually radio 3 reception has declined so that i can now no longer receive it my radio 4 reception is fine does anyone know how i might resolve this problem

Originally posted by aphra View Post
    I have a denon tuner & an outside aerial gradually radio 3 reception has declined so that i can now no longer receive it my radio 4 reception is fine does anyone know how i might resolve this problem
    Hello, aphra - and welcome!

Can't help with that myself but will leave the techies to suggest something. I've had a couple of reports lately that people have found the volume of R3 quieter than the other stations.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by aphra View Post
      aphra: I experienced a gradual deterioration in R3 reception down here in the SW, but only on car radio. Changing the radio, and the car, completely solved the problem

From which we may deduce that electrical components can deteriorate over time. My car and its radio were about 17 years old. How old is your Denon??

Do you have other FM radios in the house, and if so are they showing the same problems? It may be helpful if you tell us whereabouts you live so we can see if others in your area report changes, though gradual deterioration is unlikely to be a transmitter problem. The BBC website will tell you if there are any issues with your transmitter (like being reduced power pending repairs), but this would be a instant change I'd have thought.
      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

hi there martin

many thanks fr yr reply reception on my small radio upstairs is fine ive got an outside aerial for the denon tuner but reception is crackly whereas, as i mentioned, it is ok on radio 4

i have just done the bbc transmission diagnosis & think i should get in the aerial co to check that it is undamaged & functioning ive only had it 2 yrs so it shld be ok

i live in worcester bbc not reporting any transmitter problems

Comment

Working...
        X