• Show
Clear All

How to block behavioural advertising in your browser

EITHER
    1 Use Adblock - works best with Firefox
    OR
    2 Go to this website sponsored by the Internet Advertising Bureau:

http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices

I'm currently using them both - one in Firefox, one in Google.

Today, after listening to something on the iPlayer, I switched it off and could hear what appeared to be a low level audio advert. Not sure what it was for and there was no website open to account for it. It stopped when I closed the browser.

This was on the MacBook. Don't like it as, like many (most?), I don't bother with AV (have Kaspersky for the PC).

Anyone come across this?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

After a streaming process has been stopped by the user but started again, some audio streams will continue until the buffer is emptied, even though they aren't 'streaming live' anymore. I've never come across it after terminating an application though.

Russ

Comment

I'll hope it doesn't recur - I was looking round the room to see if anyone was there!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X