Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like POETS has hit Ruslan and Lyudmila

Anyone wanting to hear the start of Act 4 of Ruslan and Lyudmila via the iPlayer is out of luck at the moment. The Listen Again version of today's offering starts a few minutes into the Act. The very beginning of the Act may be found at the end of the Lunchtime Concert as provided by the iPlayer. However, it seems that some may still be missing. I guess whoever is supposed to manage such matters is a devotee of P... Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday.

Oops! I mistook the end of the extra item from the Glinka Choir for the opening of Act 4. All of which seem actually to be in tact.
    Last edited by Bryn; 03-02-12, 22:15.

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Anyone wanting to hear the start of Act 4 of Ruslan and Lyudmila via the iPlayer is out of luck at the moment. The Listen Again version of today's offering starts a few minutes into the Act. The very beginning of the Act may be found at the end of the Lunchtime Concert as provided by the iPlayer. However, it seems that some may still be missing. I guess whoever is supposed to manage such matters is a devotee of P... Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday.
    The whole iplayer thing is automated. Therefore, if a programme runs late you will get a whole load of the previous broadcast. This is why they tend to give you a good 15-30 minutes extra, in case of overruns. This does produce some absurdities. For example, the Twenty Minutes interval broadcast in the evening concert slot can last a good 2h 20 minutes on iplayer!

Comment

Working...
    X