Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding images to posts

There is an option in the advanced settings to "insert an image" to a post, where one clicks on the "screen" icon at the top and are then presented with a box into which one pastes the URL of the image concerned.

When I did this a few weeks ago, the actual image was displayed, but now it seems that only the URL appears; as used to happen with the old Radio3 boards.

I rather liked the fact that images could be uploaded directly, but I don't understand why it no longer seems to be possible.

Or am I doing something wrong? (Highly likely!)
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    IOr am I doing something wrong? (Highly likely!)
    You may be. The facility exists to make images 'appear' without uploading them directly, as long as they are already available on the internet. Find the url of the image, click the Insert Image icon and paste the url.

If the image is your own, on your computer, you need to upload it to a file-sharing site, e.g. Photobucket, and then paste its url.

The reason for not allowing/wanting images to be uploaded directly to our site is that they take up a huge amount of space and before long we might have to find hard cash to buy more bandwidth. As the alternative is available, that's the preferred solution.

NB See my image, posted this morning on the Charles and Mary thread (also a plug for tomorrow's play
    Last edited by french frank; 15-01-11, 12:55.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X