X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Help Please!!

Can someone possibly get me out of this very irritating bind please? On Monday I was in Geneva Airport wishing, as you do, to keep up with the Forum. So I hunted on this iPad for free Internet access. A site, the name of which I cannot remember, offered itself and let me join. BUT whatever site I tried to access I got an agenda for a Bluetooth Workshop in Amsterdam!!

So I returned to a sensible country and our home therein and everything seemed to be fine until I went to the Forum and pressed the What's New? "button" and guess what appears - I jest not. If I then refresh I get the latest New Posts as normal but am I locked in a Bluetooth Workshop for ever?
  • Thropplenoggin
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Can someone possibly get me out of this very irritating bind please? On Monday I was in Geneva Airport wishing, as you do, to keep up with the Forum. So I hunted on this iPad for free Internet access. A site, the name of which I cannot remember, offered itself and let me join. BUT whatever site I tried to access I got an agenda for a Bluetooth Workshop in Amsterdam!!

So I returned to a sensible country and our home therein and everything seemed to be fine until I went to the Forum and pressed the What's New? "button" and guess what appears - I jest not. If I then refresh I get the latest New Posts as normal but am I locked in a Bluetooth Workshop for ever?
    Looks like the gruesome 'Karmic Klemmy' virus has you by the short and curlies, Terry.
    It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Padraig
      • Feb 2013

A nightmare anton! Wish I could help, but I know someone can! Quick boys, or girls, this is serious.
      ( If it was me Anton I would simply dump my computer, or shoot myself.)

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Perhaps it's just a cookie - if you return to normal by refreshing. Try emptying your cache.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Perhaps it's just a cookie - if you return to normal by refreshing. Try emptying your cache.
          ........cheers and how do I do that?

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

........cheers and how do I do that?
            Do you have a Mac or a PC?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Do you have a Mac or a PC?
              The dreaded, but much loved iPad ff

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

The dreaded, but much loved iPad ff
                Well, I know nought of iPads, and maybe you should seek a second opinion. Meanwhile, take a look at this:

Here is a quick tutorial video on how to delete your system and user cache on any Apple computer. This should be done at a minimum every month to keep your c...

I think this might delete some password information, which would mean you have to remember the data because you'll need it.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Well, I know nought of iPads, and maybe you should seek a second opinion. Meanwhile, take a look at this:

Here is a quick tutorial video on how to delete your system and user cache on any Apple computer. This should be done at a minimum every month to keep your c...

I think this might delete some password information, which would mean you have to remember the data because you'll need it.

Worked like a charm ff - you I wonderful I hate Breakfast......

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

But

Why do they play
                    "How much is that doggy in the window?"

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                      But

Why do they play
                      "How much is that doggy in the window?"
                      Who?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Who?
                        At Geneva airport
                        to alert you to an announcement

Comment

• amateur51

Who?
                          Who?

That was Jack Buchanan

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Well, I only frequent (hmm, exaggeration?) Geneva station (Cornavin?), so they may do as they wish at the airport, with their doggies and blue teeth.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

It could be something simple, like an open network that you've inadvertently not only joined but made your preferred network. Go to Settings/Networks and have a look.
                              Is the network you're using the network you expect to use?

I don't know of any viruses that iPads are susceptible to at the operating system level (please tell me if I'm wrong - I don't run Antivirus on any of my Macs), but yes, flushing the browser may help. Don't know which browser you are using, but again you can do that in Settings. Clear history/cache...

Comment

Working...
                              X