Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legislation

Can anybody enlighten me/us as to the name of the new law, or the law which was changed ( whichever it was), that requires people to have a licence to access iplayer TV.
    Thanks.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

These Regulations amend the Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (“the 2004 Regulations”)(S.I. 2004/692) and the Communications Act 2003 (“the Act”).

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

These Regulations amend the Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (“the 2004 Regulations”)(S.I. 2004/692) and the Communications Act 2003 (“the Act”).

thanks Bryn
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

It has only just today occurred to me that I might be in breach of the above legislation by providing links to forthcoming or past jazz programmes in my weekly and other notifications to the bored. Or am I wrong in thinking that the legislation only applies to viewable programmes or materials therefrom on the iplayer, not to radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          It has only just today occurred to me that I might be in breach of the above legislation by providing links to forthcoming or past jazz programmes in my weekly and other notifications to the bored. Or am I wrong in thinking that the legislation only applies to viewable programmes or materials therefrom on the iplayer, not to radio?
          Shouldn't think that links breach the legislation for radio programmes, partly because there can be no licence breach for something which you don't need a licence for. If the link is to a BBC source (Sounds) and the programme is currently available there, why would the BBC, government or anyone else object?

What they did disallow (not sure why, but they did) was the FoR3 homepage link to what was to become Sounds, whereby clicking on the image allowed anyone to start listening to a programme directly, rather than being taken first to the Sounds webpage and clicking to Play from there. Perhaps that somehow bypassed their statistics system? We just had to remove the Listen Live image because it stopped working.

[PS I do not speak with legislative authority - I'm just trying to build up a defence in case you are personally prosecuted - though it might be me personally that's prosecuted - so I'll work a bit more on my defence. Nick Armstrong might know the answer as a former media lawyer.]
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Shouldn't think that links breach the legislation for radio programmes, partly because there can be no licence breach for something which you don't need a licence for. If the link is to a BBC source (Sounds) and the programme is currently available there, why would the BBC, government or anyone else object?

What they did disallow (not sure why, but they did) was the FoR3 homepage link to what was to become Sounds, whereby clicking on the image allowed anyone to start listening to a programme directly, rather than being taken first to the Sounds webpage and clicking to Play from there. Perhaps that somehow bypassed their statistics system? We just had to remove the Listen Live image because it stopped working.

[PS I do not speak with legislative authority - I'm just trying to build up a defence in case you are personally prosecuted - though it might be me personally that's prosecuted - so I'll work a bit more on my defence. Nick Armstrong might know the answer as a former media lawyer.]
            That seems to set matters right. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X