Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to listen from where I left off after rebooting/reloading

Good evening all. When listening 'again' via 'BBC Sounds' is there a way to make it start from where I left off, like there was with the radio (and indeed TV) iplayer? For example, I was listening to Christmas around Europe and unfortunately had to reboot Chrome; when the BBC Sounds page for the programme re-opened, it started playing from the beginning. Seems a bit annoying as I don't write down how far I got up to! I'm using Windows 7.

Hello, Andrew, and welcome (back?) to the Forum.

I think that the rebooting may have had something to do with your problem - I've just done a test on last Friday's Lunchtime Concert (I also use Windows7), and the programme resumed from where I'd stopped it after I'd closed the website and re-opened it after a pause, just as it used to. Try it again some time, and if there's still a problem come back to this, and I'm sure somebody will have a way of sorting it out for you.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Have you tried iPlayer radio. I have just finished listening to the EBU broadcast in short segments on iPlayerAndroid app. It took me back to where I left off each time.

OG

Comment

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions. If I close then re-open the play page after pausing, it does indeed resume from where I paused. The problem seems to be if I've closed Chrome, it starts from the beginning when the play page is next accessed; as I usually have a number of programmes on the go, I'm often coming back to a page to find it starting from the beginning. Perhaps I should try to finish things before starting something else and not be so ADHD with my listening habits. I won't try the android app as my phone is quite full and slow, also it had very mixed reviews when I looked last.

Comment

I'm not sure if this will help the OP but if you sign into your BBC account on your PC and go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds

You should see a section entitled "Continue Listening". Programmes that you are part way thorough will then appear in this list.

Comment

Working...
          X