Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 3 in Concert, Monday June 28 unavailable

Robert Jindra and the Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra in Sibelius, Fauré and Tchaikovsky

Radio 3 in Concert, Monday June 28
    Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra

responds with:

Sorry, there has been a problem
    Click here to return to BBC Sounds
    Fault dily reported.

Ah, it's now been made available but only at the lower data rate of 128kbps, rather than the HD Sound standard of 320kbps. I will check again on the morrow.

Aha! Some time shortly before 02:00 on the 29th, it became available at 320kbps. "See it. Say it. Sorted".
    Last edited by Bryn; 29-06-21, 02:11. Reason: Update.

FWIW, several recent R3 in Concert iPlayer offerings have no audio, at least for me across the pond. These include:
    * Everything from 29 March ("ReSound - Voices of Our Cities") through 10 April (Frankfurt Radio Symphony)
    * Everything from 12 April ("The London Sinfonietta and Sound Intermedia at the Royal Festival Hall") through 17 April ("John Eliot Gardiner at the Bavarian RSO")

This hasn't been an issue with any of you folks there, has it? Also FWIW, I saw this page from the "BBC Sounds help and FAQ's home":

Sorry about that. The page you requested has probably changed or moved to another address. Please visit our homepage and try finding what you want, or visit the other links on this page for more help.

"Why is there no audio when I try to play a programme?

BBC Sounds | Under investigation

*** Thursday 6 April ***

We're aware of reports that some users aren't hearing audio when playing back programmes. We believe this is affecting mainly overseas listeners.

We are investigating and will update this page when we know more."
    So perhaps this is all old news.

Comment

Haven't checked them all, but certainly the April 10 concert (Frankfurt Radio Symphony) seems to be fine.

Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
      FWIW, several recent R3 in Concert iPlayer offerings have no audio, at least for me across the pond. These include:
      * Everything from 29 March ("ReSound - Voices of Our Cities") through 10 April (Frankfurt Radio Symphony)
      * Everything from 12 April ("The London Sinfonietta and Sound Intermedia at the Royal Festival Hall") through 17 April ("John Eliot Gardiner at the Bavarian RSO")

This hasn't been an issue with any of you folks there, has it? Also FWIW, I saw this page from the "BBC Sounds help and FAQ's home":

Sorry about that. The page you requested has probably changed or moved to another address. Please visit our homepage and try finding what you want, or visit the other links on this page for more help.

So perhaps this is all old news.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

"See it. Say it. Sorted".

Comment

Working...
        X