Streaming players or "clock radios" - suggestions?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are interested in the Roberts because of its internet radio capabilities please do bear in mind that the BBC is in the process of changing its internet streams.

Although it probably won't interest you, as the radio can receive FM and DAB, the BBC live internet streams have already been changed and that has adversely affected nearly all internet radios (some recent Pure models excepted).

Nobody knows what the full extent of the BBC on-demand (listen again) changes will be.

I don't want to bore you with details - suffice to say that anyone interested in using the internet radio facilities in order to listen to the BBC channels might be well advised to hold off any purchase until the dust settles and manufacturers update their firmware in order to deal with the changes.

I understand that recent Pure models, e.g. the Pure Flow, are the only devices currently available that can play the new BBC HLS live internet streams - but check before you buy.

(Most internet radios should be able play the BBC's transitional 'fallback' live mp3 128kbps streams, though live sports events are currently "redacted", even for UK listeners. Also the R3 HD live feed has been reinstated for a transitional period. Nobody knows what will happen to listen again.)
    Last edited by johnb; 24-02-15, 12:04.

Comment

Very helpful, thank you. Internet radio access is a must. Wall to wall R3 is not my idea of a great listening experience these days

Comment

muzzer,

It is only the BBC internet streams that are changing (or have changed). Other internet radio streams are unaffected.

Comment

I was wondering if there are any new to the market portable DAB/CD players with record to micro SD facility, as favoured by Caliban ?
          Any suggestions?
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
          X