Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
    Gr-r-r--there go, my heart's abhorrence!​ Sometimes, I hate the BBC and their arrogance - they've b#ggered up the radio streams again.

We live in an area with terrible FM & DAB reception and, since Sounds is utter drivel, Internet radio is the only real option for R3 listening (e.g. TTN, EMS, Lunchtime concert, COTW).
    Anyway, HLS streams that used to work on a variety of devices now don't - Auntie changed them around midday.

If you have the same problem, try this webpage for the updated stream URLs - and pray they work for a while

P.S. HD Radio 3 is now http://as-hls-ww-live.akamaized.net/....norewind.m3u8
    P.P.S. Not sure if this is the correct thread to moan on - please move if needed.
    Just what about BBC Sounds is utter drivel? I find it, in general, very reliable, offering decent sound quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Just what about BBC Sounds is utter drivel? I find it, in general, very reliable, offering decent sound quality.
      The being forced to log-in part in particular.
      It also doesn't work reliably (>2 years!) on the Amazon Echo we had in the kitchen (now using a Raspberry Pi Internet radio).

I agree about the decent sound quality (when it works).

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
        The being forced to log-in part in particular.
        It also doesn't work reliably (>2 years!) on the Amazon Echo we had in the kitchen (now using a Raspberry Pi Internet radio).

I agree about the decent sound quality (when it works).
        I only access BBC Sounds and the iPlayer via laptops. I very rarely have to sign in, since I tend to use get_iplayer, which somehow circumvents the need to sign in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          I only access BBC Sounds and the iPlayer via laptops. I very rarely have to sign in, since I tend to use get_iplayer, which somehow circumvents the need to sign in.
          get_iplayer, what's that? Long may it continue.

I reported the Echo problem to the BBC in May 2021 and again in October. All the BBC have done is create a "Your problem is important to us" webpage and then updated the date every few months to make it look as if they're actually doing something.

From: BBC iPlayer Website <bbc_iplayer_website@contact.bbc.co.uk>
          Sent: 08 October 2021 08:34
          Subject: BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds - Case number CAS-6763729-D3N2S6
          Thanks for getting back to us.
          Unfortunately, this is still a known fault.
          There is no time frame for when this issue will be fixed but the best thing to do is to keep an eye on the help page for any issues. You can find this here:
          *** March 2023 *** We are still continuing our investigations with Amazon on why BBC Sounds streams sometimes stop or cut out on some Alexa devices.  We will update this page once we have more information.  In the meantime, the steps on our troubleshooting page may help: Help fixing problems with BBC Sounds on your smart speaker

I wish I had better news for you on this.
          All the best,​

Comment

Working...
          X