Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Been there and done that. Perhaps I should try a browser other than Firefox, just in case . . .
    I do use Firefox as my main browser and keep it updated (when told to).
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Been there and done that. Perhaps I should try a browser other than Firefox, just in case . . .
      So far, Opera is looking good. Even after having logged out, when I returned, I was still logged in. Fingers crossed.

Comment

So far, Opera is looking good. Even after having logged out, when I returned, I was still logged in. Fingers crossed.
        Erm, if you actually "logged out", you shouldn't have been logged in ???
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Erm, if you actually "logged out", you shouldn't have been logged in ???
          Come to think of it, I only closed the browser. I did not formally log out. Coming back now, from shopping, I had to log in again. Still, it's more convenient than what happens with Firefox.

Comment

I use Firefox and can vouch to never having had to re log in!

Comment

Safari sometimes bumps me, but only some other sites cause the problem; I have no idea what triggers it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                Safari sometimes bumps me, but only some other sites cause the problem; I have no idea what triggers it.
                The evidence seems to be that the software is functioning as it should.

On the other matter, does 'wallpaper' refer to some of the large images appearing with some posts? That is no different from the previous forum. There is an option to resize the image when you post now, which I don't think was previously the case.

Comment

About the need to login on each return.
                  It's probably because cookies are being auto-deleted somehow when the browser or pc is being closed.
                  (In Firefox avoid the Settings option Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed)
                  On this site there are two cookie that seem instrumental:
                  • bbpassword:
                  • bbuserid:
                  if they are absent then you're logged out.

Comment

Originally posted by Forget It (U2079353) View Post
                    About the need to login on each return.
                    It's probably because cookies are being auto-deleted somehow when the browser or pc is being closed.
                    (In Firefox avoid the Settings option Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed)
                    On this site there are two cookie that seem instrumental:
                    • bbpassword:
                    • bbuserid:
                    if they are absent then you're logged out.
                    Not quite so simple, I fear: just opening a new/different tab and then returning to this site can do it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                      Not quite so simple, I fear: just opening a new/different tab and then returning to this site can do it for me!
                      Another possibility is the server is not setting you any cookies at all because you somehow refused Cookies when initially asked consent by the site.
                      That can happen silently if you use the Firefox Addon called "I don't care about cookies".

Comment

Just a thought if you're using Firefox. Under Preferences > Privacy & Security, scroll down to Cookies and Site Data - is the box 'Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed' checked?

Comment

Ah, I might need to investigate a bit more (though it's not a real hassle).
                          I use Safari Private mode on my iPad but not on my main Mac.
                          But I also don't browse so much on my main Mac and don't recall getting bumped off this site.
                          Presto on my iPad doesn't bump me but our wonderful local York Press site seems to.

(Should these posts be moved to Anomalies?)

Comment

Recently I posted a link, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympho...1_(Tchaikovsky), in a post. However, as can be seen, the closing bracket gets left out of the line and is, instead, shown only in black and the link fails, The URL remains incomplete, though adding the ")" to that shown in the browser's address window restores its function. I have tried posting the link and then trying to edit the ")" back into the UR (within the body of the post, that is, but to no avail. It appears to be another bug in the Forum software.

Comment

Working...
                            X