No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange question about DACs.

Hi all

I have been away from here and R3 for sometime (various reasons) but I'm now in a position to get back into regular listening,

I organise my listening via the Android BBC Sounds app with downloads sorted by expiry date, to bring some order to my listening. This is currently connected to a USB DAC (Fiio KA3) which is fed into my amp (Yamaha AS-501)

I am in a wheelchair and work from home, so my desk is a bit cluttered and I find myself getting caught up in the long cable needed for this and want to get rid of said cable if i can.

To cut a long story short I am moving my Arcam CDS50 https://www.arcam.co.uk/product,hda,players,cds50.htm from my bedroom setup to where I listen most, my home office.

The CDS50 is also a DAC with coaxial and optical inputs, I shall be feeding my PC soundcard into the coaxial input and my Hama tuner (https://uk.hama.com/webresources/art...4833man_en.pdf) into the optical input.

This brings me to my question.

The tuner has an auxiliary input. If I connect my phone to this will the sound go through the CDS50?

Part of me thinks yes, as it is this which ultimately outputs the sound to my amp, but I would just like to be sure!

Any advice appreciated!

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
    The tuner has an auxiliary input. If I connect my phone to this will the sound go through the CDS50?

Part of me thinks yes, as it is this which ultimately outputs the sound to my amp, but I would just like to be sure!
    I can't think why this shouldn't work. Phone is plugged to aux input on the Hama tuner. If aux is selected on the input menu of the tuner, then the phone becomes the source. The tuner then outputs to the CDS50's optical input, so no problem as long as optical is selected on the input menu of the Arcam...

Comment

Working...
    X