Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has proved instructive in that I now understand why there’s been (and is!) such strong DAB reception: knowing that the closest transmitter in on the BT Tower explains it I think, as quite fortuitously the room where the radio resides couldn’t have more unencumbered, virtually straight-line access to the Tower.

It’s also reminded me how the quality of signal improved with a huge leap in 2012, just before the London Olympics - I suspect the general upgrade of all sorts of things for the Games included installation/improvement of that BT Tower transmitter… (Haven’t done any research yet to confirm that)
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post
      This thread has proved instructive in that I now understand why there’s been (and is!) such strong DAB reception: knowing that the closest transmitter in on the BT Tower explains it I think, as quite fortuitously the room where the radio resides couldn’t have more unencumbered, virtually straight-line access to the Tower.

It’s also reminded me how the quality of signal improved with a huge leap in 2012, just before the London Olympics - I suspect the general upgrade of all sorts of things for the Games included installation/improvement of that BT Tower transmitter… (Haven’t done any research yet to confirm that)
      Reassuried that the much-vaunted 'leagcy' of the Games does indeed bear scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by kindofblue View Post

Reassuried that the much-vaunted 'leagcy' of the Games does indeed bear scrutiny.
        An audible reminder of those golden uplands…
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
        X