X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Very annoying Mac Mail problem

Some while back I noticed that when I try to send mail to myself using Mac Mail (which I do frequently, as a way of checking that things work, and to make sure I have the details I need) that another email popped up in the list of possible addresses.

Unfortunately it seems that possibly there is someone with exactly the same name as mine, but in Australia.

I have tried to kill this behaviour several times, but not with any great success. Allegedly this arises because Mac Mail remembers addresses of people who have sent me mail or previous recipients. The solution is supposedly to go to Windows in Mac Mail, then look for Previous Recipients, and delete any which are unwanted. It might be necessary to do a search, as individual emails can be hard to see by visual inspection.

Unfortunately this either doesn't work, or is very short lived. I thought I'd fixed this (yet again) a few days ago - but it's come back again today. One more try maybe ....!!!!

I also did a search for any mail from the said person, and deleted any mail and files relating to him. Perhaps that managed to put his name back into the list - which I've just deleted for the nth time. Here's hoping it doesn't come back again.
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

I solved this kind of problem with Thunderbird

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      The solution is supposedly to go to Windows in Mac Mail, then look for Previous Recipients, and delete any which are unwanted. It might be necessary to do a search, as individual emails can be hard to see by visual inspection.
      Does it not work if you choose that rogue email and when it's in the To bar, select Remove from Previous Recipients list in the menu? Or is that too simple and it returns anyway?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
      X