No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnb View Post
    That is very strange.

Can you check that your version of dbpoweramp has the option that is circled in red on the following screen capture of dbpoweramp.

If so, you just have to click on the "SET" to navigate to (and/or create) a folder.

(I see from the change log for the OS X version that there was a bug in manual folder creation which was corrected in dbpoweramp CD ripper version 16.1, so it is worth checking your version.)
    I was mistaken again...it is customizable. I’m a bit confused, however, as to what I should type in the”SET”

Comment

So now I am controlling the NAS in 3 different ways. Each has it’s pros and cons
      1) Bluesound Blue OS. This is the software that NAD developed for all it’s streaming products, in my case the Bluesound Vault2 and Node2. The software is nothing special it strongly resembles ITunes. It requires a special “reindexing” after new material is added to NAS.
      Advantage-sound quality, ease of use with iPad or iPhone. It also removes the PC, a major plus.
      Disadvantage—frequent updates render it non functional. Currently it works and I’m a happy camper. However, it’s past infidelities mitigate against full emotional commitment on my part. Also, it can’t be edited—you need iTunes for that.

Next up—my Oppo 203 has a network section, and can control the NAS. This was an unexpected bonus.
      The main advantage is the sq. Fed into either of my 2 DACs it easily sounds better than the other 2 options. The big negative. However, is the software. Artists are listed (first name, of course, So Aaron Copland always winds up on top) and currently I have about 23 screens worth, each with 16 names. There is no way to scan through the pages—you have to flip the page with the remote. The app listed gets excoriating reviews for being unusable.
      It’s a pity, because if Oppo had stayed in business, this would have been the next field to conquer. And I think that one machine containing a state of the art streamer/SACD-CD player/download player/Blu Ray player /DAC at a reasonable price would have dominated the market. They were so close.

Finally, there is the PC itself controlled by Audirvana. It’s actually my least preferred, because of the foibles of the Computer itself. I much prefer to use a dedicated Audio Component that is basically a Linux Computer optimized for for music playback. That’s what the Bluesound components are, but I would like ones that are less buggy. I am lusting after a Bryston, but I’ve spent the budget for this project getting this far. My main goal was to be able to set p an effective system for archiving CDs and downloads, and I still prefer to play the actual discs. Now I actually have to rip all these discs, and then If we have to accept a change in our living circumstances in I won’t feel as if I suddenly will lose my collection

Comment

Working...
      X