Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qobuz Downloads

I attempted my first Qobuz download this week. So far I have spent over an hour fruitlessly trying to move the download off of my PC and on to a flash drive so that I can transfer it to my Melco NAS. For the life of me I can't figure it out, and queries to Qobuz have not been answered (I get an email acknowledging that I have contacted them, and then...silence). I have tried going through Qobuz own promotional material and looking for a You Tube Video to no avail.
    Other downloading sites, such as Presto, wind up packaging the download in a nice little "box" that shows up on the Computer screen, which can then be dragged and dropped to another drive. Are Qobuz downloads only meant to be played from the Computer to which they are downloaded? I can play the downloads fine if I connect the PC to my DAC, but I really want them in with the rest of my music and don't wish to have my PC tethered to the DAC. Obviously I am missing something fundamental and "duh" here but I really can't figure it out

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    I attempted my first Qobuz download this week. So far I have spent over an hour fruitlessly trying to move the download off of my PC and on to a flash drive so that I can transfer it to my Melco NAS. For the life of me I can't figure it out, and queries to Qobuz have not been answered (I get an email acknowledging that I have contacted them, and then...silence). I have tried going through Qobuz own promotional material and looking for a You Tube Video to no avail.
    Other downloading sites, such as Presto, wind up packaging the download in a nice little "box" that shows up on the Computer screen, which can then be dragged and dropped to another drive. Are Qobuz downloads only meant to be played from the Computer to which they are downloaded? I can play the downloads fine if I connect the PC to my DAC, but I really want them in with the rest of my music and don't wish to have my PC tethered to the DAC. Obviously I am missing something fundamental and "duh" here but I really can't figure it out
    Very strange. I have never had a problem copying QOBUZ downloads, though imports are white another matter. They are not supposed to be copyable but are for convenience of offline playback, only. I have just checked the copying of downloads by re-downloading one of my earlier purchases and then copying and pasting it to an external disc. No problem. I frequently play QOBUZ downloads from USB memory sticks plugged onto other equipment.

Comment

Surely you can just copy or move the downloaded files as you would any other file. Certainly that is the case on a Windows machine when I have downloaded FLAC files from QOBUZ.

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
        Surely you can just copy or move the downloaded files as you would any other file. Certainly that is the case on a Windows machine when I have downloaded FLAC files from QOBUZ.
        I use a Mac, and it’s easy to drag and drop them to another drive. If the OP is trying to copy them to an SD card I’d suggest checking that the card isn’t write protected.
        Steve

Comment

It's relatively easy on a MacBook to copy files downloaded from Qobuz using Finder/Go/Connect to Server when you have set up a Server identified with the NAS (in my case an Aurender but I think Melco is the same) rather than going through copying from the computer on to a USB thumb drive then using that to install onto the NAS.

Comment

Well, thanks for the replies, but all that I get is a list of the downloaded tracks, which I can play from the computer. I’ll try HD’s approach.

Comment

Well, thanks for the replies, but all that I get is a list of the downloaded tracks, which I can play from the computer. I’ll try HD’s approach.
              Have you actually extracted the files from the zip? It does seem a very strange situation.

Comment

I’m guessing not...what is required to do this? I am repeating the download on my new MacBook as I type this in the hopes that the newer machine might simplify the situation...

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                  It's relatively easy on a MacBook to copy files downloaded from Qobuz using Finder/Go/Connect to Server when you have set up a Server identified with the NAS (in my case an Aurender but I think Melco is the same) rather than going through copying from the computer on to a USB thumb drive then using that to install onto the NAS.
                  I do like having the usb sticks to play in my car

Comment

I’m guessing not...what is required to do this? I am repeating the download on my new MacBook as I type this in the hopes that the newer machine might simplify the situation...
                    Not being a Mac user, I do not know the procedure for such computers. However, on a Windoze machine, you either right-click on the zip and select to extract the files within or open the zip, select the files you want to extract and simply copy them to another location, which might well be a USB stick.

Comment

I tried copying and pasting from the Qobuz menu and that doesn’t work either

Comment

I tried copying and pasting from the Qobuz menu and that doesn’t work either
                        I am having some trouble following what you are actually doing. I take it you have downloaded a zip file from QOBUZ to your computer. I stress, "downloaded" rather than "imported". Both options can be found in the same menu and they mean quite different things.

Comment

I’m throwing in the towel. To many other things to do than try to figure it out. Thanks anyway. No more Qobuz downloads for me

One last question. According to the Qobuz download queue, it shows that all the tracks have been downloaded. However, the tracks aren’t in the download files of the computer itself. Never had this happen with any other download site; once you hit download they are in the computers download files. So I am inferring from your comments that with Qobuz some extra step has to occur to land them In the computers download files. Is that correct ?
                          Last edited by richardfinegold; 11-04-21, 14:05.

Comment

I’m throwing in the towel. To many other things to do than try to figure it out. Thanks anyway. No more Qobuz downloads for me

One last question. According to the Qobuz download queue, it shows that all the tracks have been downloaded. However, the tracks aren’t in the download files of the computer itself. Never had this happen with any other download site; once you hit download they are in the computers download files. So I am inferring from your comments that with Qobuz some extra step has to occur to land them In the computers download files. Is that correct ?
                            I’m away from my Mac at the moment, but I think you’ll find the files in ‘your account’>music>Qobuz - where ‘your account’ is the account name you can see in finder.

Alternatively search for Qobuz in spotlight and it should find the folder.
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X