Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another iMac or MacOS problem

Yesterday I did some really serious "work". I made several videos, including one which generated huge files - over 60 Gbytes (yes - Gbytes).

Today I decided to remove most of the really huge ones, so located them, put them into the Bin, and emptied it.

The main drive is still showing a considerably reduced amount of available storage - which for a 1 Terabyte drive is a matter of some concern.
    There should be plenty of space left with those files gone. I'm hoping that eventually with a few power on-offs this issue will resolve itself, but I'm not sure if this requires more urgent attention.

I suppose Time Machine might be turned on, and have taken snapshots of some of those files. I'll have to check.

The drive on the iMac is a Fusion drive. I'd like to fix this before it creates any other problems - though we still have over 550 Gbytes spare on the drive - but that's around 300 Gbytes down from a day or two back.

This page - about Time Machine snapshots - might be relevant. I'll investigate later. I'm not sure that I ever enabled TM on this machine - perhaps I should. Turning it on/off - as suggested in the article might reclaim the space.

Time Machine lets you restore files from local snapshots of the files on your Mac, even when your Time Machine backup disc isn't available.

Comment

It's all that spyware you've inadvertently downloaded, Dave
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

Working...
      X