Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
    I think maybe there is some (understandable) confusion between the XM4 - the latest model - and the XM3 - the model referred to by Richard. I suspect that there is not such a huge improvement between the previous model
    They certainly look identical!

Comment

I've had my Sennheiser HD 545 Reference open-backed headphones for over 30 years and they are better now than when new, mainly because I replaced the original Sennheiser cable and connectors with cheaper but better, more consistently connected ones. Very comfortable and reputedly far better than the equivalent current Sennheiser offerings. Worth checking out if you find a used pair.

Last edited by Bryn; 19-05-21, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
        Micky, I think maybe there is some (understandable) confusion between the XM4 - the latest model - and the XM3 - the model referred to by Richard. I suspect that there is not such a huge improvement between the previous model - the XM3 - and the XM4 as to justify spending an extra 100 euros. As with their TVs, Sony have a tendency to introduce updated but essentially similar models, with correspondingly updated prices.

Amazon France have the XM3, new, at 235 euros:

(cheaper than Darty/FNAC)

but Amazon also has the XM 4 for 350 euros:

Sorry if I've confused you even more!
        Thanks Dougie... you're absolutely right, I was confusing the two. Further investigation on the Darty website reveals that the specifications between the two aren't very different. .the later model just seems to offer gadgets with incoming phone calls etc and as I am only interested in listening to music, I'm going for the XM3. I ordered it from Darty yesterday and so missed out on the 15 quid saving, but I can pick it up from the local store. Will let you know what I think. Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
          the later model just seems to offer gadgets with incoming phone calls etc
          to which I would say quelle horreur!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
            to which I would say quelle horreur!
            Ha ha, spot on Richard, I couldn't think of anything worse!

Comment

Working...
            X