X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

3D sound

I've just seen an article on French TV news featuring so-called 3D sound via headphones. Everyone who tried them said it sounded revolutionary.
    Has there been any talk of this in the UK? I'm intrigued...last year I invested in some excellent Sony headphones and am very happy with them, but would love to hear this new development. Presumably they'll be hellishly expensive when they appear...or are they already available?
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Lots of articles in Audio magazines. The reviews that I have seen for both Classical and non CLassical describe the results as variable. Apparently everyone was pretty agreed that Beatles recordings suffered immensely. So I haven't heard any myself, just reporting what I've read

Comment

• RichardB
      Banned
      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      Has there been any talk of this in the UK? I'm intrigued...last year I invested in some excellent Sony headphones and am very happy with them, but would love to hear this new development. Presumably they'll be hellishly expensive when they appear...or are they already available?
      I'm not sure what is meant here by 3D sound. Binaural or binaurally processed recordings can be reproduced on any headphones.

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by RichardB View Post
        I'm not sure what is meant here by 3D sound. Binaural or binaurally processed recordings can be reproduced on any headphones.
        This latest hype, being driven mainly by Apple as a way to increase sales of their Beats headphone line, is more the Atmos philosophy brought to headphones.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by RichardB View Post
          If any of you have a smattering of French, I'll be happy to see if I can find the link to the report of TF1 News last night...it doesn't appear to be available yet, but maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X