Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maclintick View Post
    Thanks, JLW. Cables with braided silver such as Kimber's are intertwined with copper, which gives a marginal improvement in conductivity over 100% copper speaker wires, but which I estimate would provide an imperceptible improvement in sound to my ageing lugholes. If I were to contemplate replacing any of the interconnections in my hi-fi ( old-terminology -- not high-end or audiophile by current standards) it would be from turntable to amp, which currently has vintage 1990s nickel RCA to the phono stage. All other connectivity in my system is digital of one kind or another.
    Kimber Interconnects are not all copper-intertwined, there are all-silver models in the range, such as this one -
    Leading manufacturer and retailer of Hi-Fi mains cables, mains conditioning products and Kimber Kable interconnects and speaker cable. Est 1986.

...and others as you move up in price, e.g. Hero AG, Select......

Comment

I’m not much of a cable believer. I do think there is a difference between entry level RCA stuff and anything else, but truth be told, I’ve had a few instances of where I had to use to the free stuff in a pinch to replace a problematic cable, with the intention of replacing the RCA as soon as possible, and then forgot to upgrade. I discover this after some time, having enjoyed the music in the interim, and when I did make the change noticed the slightest of improvements. I use Nordost Blue Heaven for everything except speaker cable, where I use the thickest copper gage that I can accommodate

Comment

Working...
      X