Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New kitchen radio

I want to upgrade my kitchen radio but unsure on which way to go, Roberts looks good but you certainly pay a premium. This radio with CD player looks good and would open up the option of playing a cd as well.

Anyone got a recommendation ?
    Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Pure Radio Evoke 3. Costly, but worth its weight in gold::

available second-hand :: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/58096435
    Last edited by Quarky; 30-01-23, 19:30.

Comment

We have a John Lewis 'Cello' unit in our kitchen and can highly recommend it:

The internet radio is especially good, partly because FM and DAB reception is poor where it's located but mainly because it's opened up a world of radio beyond these shores and, frankly, many are better than R3!

Comment

Our kitchen Roberts has stood the test of time and still sounds first class.

Comment

Thanks for feedback, not sure if I can justify the high price tags, will see how I can work the situation.

Comment

If you have a phone, I would just use that, or else get a Bluetooth receiver and then bt from your favorite sites such as BBC RAdio 3

Comment

I have an excellent Yamaha FM/DAB/CD/USB unit with separate stereo speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                We have a John Lewis 'Cello' unit in our kitchen and can highly recommend it:

The internet radio is especially good, partly because FM and DAB reception is poor where it's located but mainly because it's opened up a world of radio beyond these shores and, frankly, many are better than R3!
                I have one of these as well; in my 'office' rather than the kitchen, but can also recommend it.
                "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

That certainly looks good.

Comment

Working...
                  X