Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin and his wife live in Alicante. We wanted to recommend a couple of things to them on the I-Player. They thought that they couldn't access the I-Player there. Does anyone know how the I-Player can be accessed in Spain if at all? Thanks.

Comment

Most Internet radios give access to BBC Listen Again. However for use on a PC there is an application called Radio Downloader which will run on PC, MAC or Linux. It allows you to schedule downloads from BBC Radio, using iPlayer streams. Once downlowded the programmes can be listened to at leisure. The application is widely used by expats wanting access to BBC radio. (I don't know about iPlayer TV). The link to the developer's site is here.....
      http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/

Comment

Originally posted by anotherbob View Post
        Most Internet radios give access to BBC Listen Again. However for use on a PC there is an application called Radio Downloader which will run on PC, MAC or Linux. It allows you to schedule downloads from BBC Radio, using iPlayer streams. Once downlowded the programmes can be listened to at leisure. The application is widely used by expats wanting access to BBC radio. (I don't know about iPlayer TV). The link to the developer's site is here.....
        Thank you anotherbob for this very useful information.

Comment

This looks very interesting anotherbob but, being a technopeasant I have to ask - does this mean that your download is then available to be played in perpetuity or just for seven days (or whatever other time limit)?

Thanks in anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            This looks very interesting anotherbob but, being a technopeasant I have to ask - does this mean that your download is then available to be played in perpetuity or just for seven days (or whatever other time limit)?
            Any recordings will be available permanently. However the audio quality may not always be of the highest rank, and it's a breach of copyright and the iPlayer terms and conditions.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
              Any recordings will be available permanently. However the audio quality may not always be of the highest rank, and it's a breach of copyright and the iPlayer terms and conditions.
              Many thanks Steve

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

Thanks in anticipation
                Once the file has been downloaded it is available to you in perpetuity or wherever else you like to listen
                I find the audio quality perfectly adequate, having ears that grew up through the 40s and 50s so that my first experience of stereo headphones in 1969 still remains an audio high-point. It is possible to select the bitrate at which the download will be encoded, up to 320kbps which should be enough for most people, (I can't speak for bats).
                With regard to iPlayer terms & conditions, I have yet to have my collar felt and my HDD has many gigabytes of BBC programming stored away. It's hard to see how using Radio Downloader is that much different from using a PVR to record TV and then saving it to a DVD-R.
                Last edited by anotherbob; 07-04-12, 09:42.

Comment

Once the file has been downloaded it is available to you in perpetuity or wherever else you like to listen
                  I find the audio quality perfectly adequate, having ears that grew up through the 40s and 50s so that my first experience of stereo headphones in 1969 still remains an audio high-point. It is possible to select the bitrate at which the download will be encoded, up to 320kbps which should be enough for most people, (I can't speak for bats).
                  With regard to iPlayer terms & conditions, I have yet to have my collar felt and my HDD has many gigabytes of BBC programming stored away. It's hard to see how using Radio Downloader is that much different from using a PVR to record TV and then saving it to a DVD-R.
                  Many thanks for this, anothebob - I think my ears are much the same with added tinnitus but I've got used to it after 55+ years

Comment

If all they want to hear is spoken English...is Long Wave still going? That might well reach that far.

Comment

I can receive Spanish stations on AM so the Radio 4 LW signal should reach Spain, especially as AM waves travel well along the sea. Radio £3, being FM only, would not be possible to receive.
                      all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Working...
                      X