Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting an image into a forum post

I notice that I can upload an image directly from my computer without the hassle of having to upload it to Flickr and link to it there. My first attempt failed as Grab saves screen grabs in TIFF which is not supported and so fair enough. But I converted the TIFF into a jpg which is supposed to be supported but when I tried to upload it got told it was an invalid file?

Can anyone please shed any light?

TIA

I thought we had been asked to use Photobucket (or similar) with a link so as not to overload the Forum's bandwidth and/or storage. They may be blocked because of this?

Comment

Ah that might explain it. Shame the forum software can't be disabled as far as this option goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
        I thought we had been asked to use Photobucket (or similar) with a link so as not to overload the Forum's bandwidth and/or storage. They may be blocked because of this?
        That is indeed my understanding of why it's been done. Possibly by me. I wasn't aware of having disabled uploads but among the myriad of settings behind the scene I may indeed have hit upon that accidentally.

Anyway, although it's a bit of a bind to have to upload your own images to a photo sharing site first, it isn't unusual for forums to ask members to do that.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X