Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I would take Kreisler as a violinist over Tetzlaff any day !
    Too late.

Comment

(a) UO/Galway, (b) JSB Mass in b @ 2012 Proms (?)

(a) Getting back to the Ulster Orchestra / Ulster Youth Orchestra Proms on August 4:

Originally posted by Lee McLernon View Post
      4 August: Ulster Youth Orchestra and Ulster Orchestra Joint Promenade Concert under JoAnn Falletta (UO's new principal conductor) with Sir James Galway as soloist. Programme to be announced.
      One tidbit about this program with James Galway is from this page:

BBC PROMS
      The Royal Albert Hall / London England

04 August, 2012
      Ulster Orchestra / Ulster Youth Orchestra

Programme: BBC Proms Premiere of newly commissioned (by BBC Radio 3) Concerto written by Elaine Agnew – entitled 'Dark Hedges'
      I obviously guessed wrong about John Corigliano and his Pied Piper Fantasy.

(b) I stumbled across this page on soprano Joélle Harvey with relevant tidbit:

"In the 2011-2012 season, Joélle Harvey.....sings Bach's B Minor Mass with The English Concert at both the BBC Proms and in Leipzig."
      Last edited by bluestateprommer; 18-04-12, 22:55. Reason: addition of JSB info

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        Born 1712 - BC Weber, Hebden, Kayser, Stanley
        Born 1812 - Degen, Xyndas, Dubuque, Ernst, Busch
        Born 1862 - Debussy, Delius
        Born 1912 - Cage, Berger, Lane, Nancarrow
        Died 1912 - Massenet
        Died 1962 - Ireland

Predictions for the novelty evenings - Music for silent movies and something involving the Muppets
        Well, the 4 March predictions of Debussy, Delius, Cage, Massenet and Ireland were right. Shame about the others. It would have been nice to have included Nancarrow. No Muppets either but we do have puppets.

Overall, it looks pretty good to me. I think though that they miss a few opportunities by being a trifle conservative.

I might see whether there are any tickets left for a lunchtime one. Don't fancy a two hour journey back around midnight.
        Last edited by Guest; 28-05-12, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
        X