Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here We Go Again!

I left it a bit late filling my Proms Plan, with the result that this morning I didn't enter the queue online until 10.30 at about 5000 down the list.
    I have just completed the purchase of an Arena Season ticket, just one ticket after four hours!
    It's all supposed to be so easy on the Internet isn't it ?When it came to completing the transaction, the system failed to recognise the security password for my credit card, so there followed a lengthy rigmarole, resetting half a dozen times before finally making it.
    You would think that the system might have a separate stream for booking season tickets, since in most cases only one ticket is being purchased.

Every year it's a nightmare, frankly I would rather have gone to the box office in person.

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
    I left it a bit late filling my Proms Plan,.....
    So it's not your fault, then? We've only had since April 19th to fill in the Proms Planner.

Comment

I left it a bit late filling my Proms Plan, with the result that this morning I didn't enter the queue online until 10.30 at about 5000 down the list.
      I have just completed the purchase of an Arena Season ticket, just one ticket after four hours!
      It's all supposed to be so easy on the Internet isn't it ?When it came to completing the transaction, the system failed to recognise the security password for my credit card, so there followed a lengthy rigmarole, resetting half a dozen times before finally making it.
      You would think that the system might have a separate stream for booking season tickets, since in most cases only one ticket is being purchased.

Every year it's a nightmare, frankly I would rather have gone to the box office in person.
      Hope you enjoy your ST, FF. These systems are frequently a nightmare. Try any random footy MB for confirmation !!
      Seems daft that they had you in the same queue as people buying seats.....
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

I don't really understand what you mean, since it was impossible to create a Proms Plan once tickets went on sale at 9.00am, and if you were only purchasing a season ticket, you hardly needed a Proms Plan in the first place.

I also forgot to do a Proms Plan , but to be honest it didn't make much difference to the speed of the process. I also had problems with my security password and contact details, and a slow connection, but unlike some it didn't kick me out, even though I had other websites and applications running. The system worked as it was supposed to, but it does seem to be an unsatisfactory set-up from what others have said.

Comment

Yes, I accept that I should have sorted my Proms Plan when the season was announced, but at the time I wasn't sure if I would be able to go to the Proms at all. This must be the case for many who can't necessarily plan so far in advance. My real point is that the online system needs to have a fast track of some kind for those who only need one season ticket, this would speed up the process for those who are booking for many different concerts with different numbers etc.etc.

Online booking is generally fine for most things, but bear in mind that season ticket applicants still need to envelopes and a stamp to send in passport photos with their order numbers to the Royal Albert Hall after receiving email confirmation, so it's still a bit of a palaver, and two years ago they lost mine down the back of the sofa!

Comment

From Rubberneck Vol 30

"If you find mistakes in this magazine, please remember they are there for a purpose. We try to publish something for everyone, and some people are always looking for mistakes."

Comment

Working...
            X