Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I am afraid I have found the season very dreary - a bad vintage in my view - well at least until Perahia and Haitink arrive !
    Or at least until RVW 4 to 6 arrive.

Comment

I am afraid I have found the season very dreary
      Gurrelieder, the Berlioz Mass, The Trojans,

Comment

I am afraid I have found the season very dreary - a bad vintage in my view - well at least until Perahia and Haitink arrive !
        I'm sorry to hear that, Barbi, and rather surprised at your description of "dreary". I can only say that I disagree with your assessment (except for the eager anticipation for Murray and Bernie).

Best Wishes.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I seem not to have tuned in so often this year, but this might just be me (+ Olympics). We booked two concerts when booking opened - Trojans which was great and Haitink with Perahia (Beethoven 4th PC is my favourite). I am especially looking forward to this because I haven't actually seen Haitink since the 70s when I saw him often and have never seen the VPO.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            I seem not to have tuned in so often this year, but this might just be me (+ Olympics). We booked two concerts when booking opened - Trojans which was great and Haitink with Perahia (Beethoven 4th PC is my favourite). I am especially looking forward to this because I haven't actually seen Haitink since the 70s when I saw him often and have never seen the VPO.
            Hopefully you'll be in for a real treat there. That's one of the concerts we tried for but couldn't get any tickets, though compared with trying to get Olympics tickets that was relatively straightforward. At least we knew that we couldn't get in - no false hopes provided.

The VPO was on pretty good form when we last heard them, as also was Haitink. We have heard both in the last few years, and Haitink has often given much more satisfying performances than some much younger, and in theory more dynamic, conductors.

Comment

Working...
            X