Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women's week at the Proms!

Susanna Mälkki led the Philharmonia last night, Marin Alsop leads São Paolo on Wednesday, and Jane Glover doing some G&S on Sunday.

Proving that women are good at lots of things besides winning gold medals!
    Last edited by Guest; 14-08-12, 16:26.

Originally posted by prokkyshosty View Post
    ... Proving that women are good at lots of things besides winning gold medals!
    God give me strength, has any poor, pathetic soul ever dared to suggest that women aren't good at lots of things besides winning gold medals ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      God give me strength, has any poor, pathetic soul ever dared to suggest that women aren't good at lots of things besides winning gold medals ... ?
      Indeed, indeed, there's dusting, basic cookery, talking for hours on the telephone ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Indeed, indeed, there's dusting, basic cookery, talking for hours on the telephone ...
        Are those the only things that you can think of while in (or rather assuming) that frame of mind, or are you just being discreet?

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
          Are those the only things that you can think of while in (or rather assuming) that frame of mind, or are you just being discreet?

Oh the list is endless, but I did not want to go on and on about it.

I always thought Susanna Malkki had a great sounding name for sorting out the BBCSSO during rehearsals in Glasgow. By the way, I refuse to believe that RW was engaging in form of 'tokenism' when programming in the course of a few days three leading conductors who happen to be women too. It's just the way the cookie crumbled.

Comment

Comment

... It's just the way the cookie crumbled.
              The wife is certainly a dab hand at that ...

Comment

Girls, Scotty, Girls.

Comment

The Pope has a rather limited view of women's abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    The Pope has a rather limited view of women's abilities.
                    Poor wee soul ... he ought to get out of the Vatican a bit more, then, Flossie ... would you tell him that on my behalf?

Comment

Couldn't agree more, but I think you'd be in a better position to tell him.

Comment

Working...
                      X