Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan, but Nothing wrong and an awful lot right with Laura Mvula. ​Everything wrong with BBC & R3 Control & Publicity...

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Here is an enthusiast of radio trails on how they can do 'a fantastic job of gripping their audience'....
      and if you look at the source of that page it contains more tracking etc than content which is just a single paragraph emphasising that young males like thumping rythm and that the discussed trailer is aimed at them - maybe a similar analysis can be done on just who RW aims his trailers at - I presume likely to be an either an old listener with no functioning short term memory or someone in the medjah industry - both having little concern with the content or context.

Comment

in the event a pleasant and capable performance ... the duetting with Spaulding tickled my lobes ... it did not distract from my reading much so just rather ordinary for me and actually done decades ago by the likes of Annette Peacock:

this clip chosen because rather like last nights prom the music was deliberately attempting to be accessible [read the blurb below]
        ms Peacock's other works are breathtaking not to mention the Kenny Wheeler Large Ensemble featuring Norma Winstone
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by peterthekeys View Post
          I don't think I'm a snob (if you were to look on my CD shelves, you'd see such things as Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, Yes and Genesis mixed in with all the classical stuff.) I suppose the exasperating thing is that if I'd turned on in the middle of the concert, I might have actually enjoyed it. But having the trailer rammed into my ears within 10 minutes of every time I turn on R3 has just put me off it completely. (Maybe it's the cold-calling thing: if people tell me something is "miraculous", I tend to assume it isn't!)

Alternatives? Well, my ideal would be something classical, but from the wilderness rather than the highways. How about Havergal Brian's "Das Siegeslied"? High time it was done at the Proms (particularly after the massive success of the Gothic). Or if it had to be something "non-classical", how about Pat Metheny or Suzanne Vega? If either of them was on at the Proms, I'd be in the queue for tickets.
          I know what you mean, PTKs! I have similar taste to you, so it seems but I am not keen on this style of music, so I just won't be listening!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
          X