X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prom 78 - 13.09.14: Swansea

7.45 p.m.
    Singleton Park, Swansea

BBC’s Proms in the Park returns to Swansea as part of the BBC’s wider Last Night of the Proms celebrations.

Grammy Award-winning Welsh bass-baritone Bryn Terfel will headline at this year’s event. Also appearing on the night is young singer songwriter Casi from Bangor, who has been collaborating with BBC Cymru Wales and Arts Council of Wales as part of the Horizons music project. Further details regarding the line-up will be announced soon.

The Swansea Proms in the Park event will be an evening of spectacular open-air music from the BBC National Orchestra and Chorus of Wales under the baton of Tecwyn Evans.

Families and all music lovers are invited to bring picnics, deck chairs and flags to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the celebrations in the stunning outdoor setting of Singleton Park.

My spies tell me that a tall dark gentleman with an unusual non-local accent may be making a surprise appearance now that those Newport meetings are over

Comment

For research purposes. I'm watching these concerts on Red Button. Although I wouldn't choose go to one of these Proms in the Park, they are reasonable concerts of the Friday Night is Music Night kind - probably slightly better, but sadly the Hyde Park one really scrapes the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        My spies tell me that a tall dark gentleman with an unusual non-local accent may be making a surprise appearance now that those Newport meetings are over
        That'll be my Uncle Illtyd, he's from Neath.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          That'll be my Uncle Illtyd, he's from Neath.
          Ah 'Allegro' Illtyd, named not for musical reasons but after his mustard-coloured car

Comment

Ah 'Allegro' Illtyd, named not for musical reasons but after his mustard-coloured car
            The burning question though is: what was he doing at an international summit meeting in Newport? Lovely place though, the Celtic Manor, touch of real class I've always thought. Like a sort of Butlin's for the fat cats.

Comment

Hi-di-high society?
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                The burning question though is: what was he doing at an international summit meeting in Newport? Lovely place though, the Celtic Manor, touch of real class I've always thought. Like a sort of Butlin's for the fat cats.
                There's posh!

Knowing Illtyd he was making a few bob ferrying people to & fro', getting ready for their fortnight in Ffrith Beach

Comment

There's posh!

Or maybe he was hoping Bryn Terfel wouldn't turn up, he does have form after all, and Illtyd could step in at the last moment with a medley of Max Boyce numbers.

Comment

Working...
                  X