X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prom 80 - 13.09.14: Glasgow

7.30 p.m.
    Glasgow Green

The Glasgow Proms in the Park event will be an evening of spectacular open-air music and musical stars. Katherine Jenkins, one of the UK’s biggest selling classical artists, will headline this year’s celebrations. Joining the line-up is the internationally acclaimed American tenor Noah Stewart. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers, described as bagpipes with attitude, will also be performing. And at the heart of this night will be the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra conducted by Stephen Bell.

Katherine Jenkins, mezzo soprano
    Noah Stewart, tenor
    Red Hot Chilli Pipers

BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
    Stephen Bell, conductor
    Jamie MacDougall, presenter

The Scottish Proms in the Park is usually a cut above the others, probably because they have the sense not to copy the Hyde Park formula blindly.

Comment

It was all going so well. Then Katherine Jenkins came on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          At least it wasn't Susan Boyle

(I once test listened to their CDs - my partners mother is a fan of both, & we bought the latest CD from each for her Christmas present one year*. I thought that on CD at least CB had the better voice.

*I thought I'd better explain how I came to have access to the CDs. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I owned them.

Comment

It was Frau A who imsisted I switched to the RAH when KJ started singing.

Comment

Working...
            X