This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proms Single-Page Listing

Somewhat later than usual I've generated a single-page Proms listing here.

As I've had less time this year and it's been a bit more tricky to produce, there are no 'bells and whistles', i.e. short-cut jumps and links to the BBC Proms pages, nor any info on which Proms are on TV. I might be able to add these later if time permits.

Printable PDFs will follow once all the errors have been ironed out. I've extracted the information from the main BBC page, and I'm not yet convinced the code's worked fautlessly . So if anybody spots any errors, please let me know. (Information on some Proms is a bit thin - restricted to lists of performers.)

Thanks Andrew, I've found this very helpful in previous years.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

I'll stick it in the sidebar in a week or so, when it's fairly sure any errors have been found - super job, Andrew. And Alpie's been busy entering up all the concerts for the forum page (as Hosts will have noticed a few days ago!).

Much thanks to both, and to bsp, as usual, for the calendar.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Brilliant!

Many thanks.

Comment

I've added a few bells and whistles - not as difficult as I thought, as they were (mostly) easy to automate. I'm hoping that during the Proms it will land on the relevant day.....The 'today' button currently (not surprisingly!) goes to the top.

I'll finish checking during the next couple of days and add a few words to the Proms currently without any information, and then finally do the pdfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
            I've added a few bells and whistles - not as difficult as I thought, as they were (mostly) easy to automate. I'm hoping that during the Proms it will land on the relevant day.....The 'today' button currently (not surprisingly!) goes to the top.

I'll finish checking during the next couple of days and add a few words to the Proms currently without any information, and then finally do the pdfs.
            The only immediate edit to suggest is for Prom 59, the Glyndebourne Prom with La clemenza di Tito, with these cast changes:

Anna Stéphany (Sextus)
            Michèle Losier (Annius)

The BBC Proms entry for Prom 59 is now updated with this information, though not yet the RAH's entry.

Comment

Can I just add my thanks for this terrific resource. I just deployed it when seeing if there was a suitable Prom during the final week of August for visiting family - immeasurably easier to use your Single-Pager with clicks through to the relevant Albert Hall pages to check for ticket availability, than to grapple with the BBC's clunky effort

"...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                Can I just add my thanks for this terrific resource. I just deployed it when seeing if there was a suitable Prom during the final week of August for visiting family - immeasurably easier to use your Single-Pager with clicks through to the relevant Albert Hall pages to check for ticket availability, than to grapple with the BBC's clunky effort

And much easier to prepare headings for individual concert threads. I'm sure the BBC try to make is as difficult as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
                  The only immediate edit to suggest is for Prom 59, the Glyndebourne Prom with La clemenza di Tito, with these cast changes:

Anna Stéphany (Sextus)
                  Michèle Losier (Annius)

The BBC Proms entry for Prom 59 is now updated with this information, though not yet the RAH's entry.
                  Many thanks, bsp. Duly updated. I hope I'll be able to keep up! My original plan was to allow updates at the touch of a button by re-running the code, but I've had to change too many things manually now which would be overwritten - it's hand-mark-up from now.

Comment

Everybody:

Many thanks for all your kind words. It spurred me on to mess it up with the bells and whistles. (I've no plans for any more.)

Alpie:

If I've messed up the headings for your purposes, an older version is still on the server, which I can point you to.

Comment

Many thanks Andrew,top job.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        Many thanks Andrew,top job.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                          Alpie:

If I've messed up the headings for your purposes, an older version is still on the server, which I can point you to.
                          No problem. I did the headings a few days before you did the list. It was the content that I was tearing my hair over when grappling with the BBC.

Comment

The homepage sidebar has now been updated for 2017, with links to Andrew's single-page listing, and the printable 12-page and 6-page pdfs.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              No problem. I did the headings a few days before you did the list. It was the content that I was tearing my hair over when grappling with the BBC.
                              It's impossible (or impractical, at least) to copy and paste from the BBC pages. That's why I decided it was a program or nothing. The RAH pages might be OK though ......

Comment

Working...
                              X