No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proms Composer 5 (4.09.21): Dvořák

Proms Composer: Antonín Dvořák
    Nigel Simeone chooses five indispensable recordings of BBC Proms Composer Antonín Dvořák and explains why you need to hear them.

Gosh, that listing sounds a bit alarming, doesn't it? I don't know about 'need' to hear them –but I hope people will want to hear them if they don't know them already, and enjoy rehearing them if they do. I must say with Dvořák it has been the purest pleasure finding five great recordings, but it would have much easier to make it ten...so I imagine there will be some howls of 'how could he leave out X?' To which all I can plead is that five discs is how

Comment

Originally posted by makropulos View Post
      Gosh, that listing sounds a bit alarming, doesn't it? I don't know about 'need' to hear them –but I hope people will want to hear them if they don't know them already, and enjoy rehearing them if they do. I must say with Dvořák it has been the purest pleasure finding five great recordings, but it would have much easier to make it ten...so I imagine there will be some howls of 'how could he leave out X?' To which all I can plead is that five discs is how
      Very much looking forward to this. The "...why you need to hear them" bit is characteristic BBC webpage-speak, not to be taken too seriously.

Comment

Working...
      X