Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concert threads 2022

I spent most of last Thursday locked away in a room in front of my desktop computer, doing the annual list of starter posts for the separate threads for each concert of the Proms season. They remain hidden until a few days before the start of each concert. This works better than releasing around 90 new threads at once.

One heartening thing has been the realisation that the BBC does sometimes take notice of suggestions. On the old BBC Messageboard, I suggested that as the BBC is a national organisation, perhaps the Proms should reflect this. The response wasn’t encouraging, but I plugged the idea amongst the heavy silence, suggesting a Prom per week to be broadcast from different British cities. Silence continued, but then there were recent surprise Proms from Hull and Lincoln. A real step forward.

But this year, they’ve actually gone and done it.

Well done, Alpie. And also many thanks for all your backroom labours to keep the Proms rolling here
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Yes, thank you for all your labours, EA.

Incidentally, I've been browsing a few Proms to see if there are decent stalls tickets to pick up (as summer travel plans aren't finalised now I'm not sure when I'll be at home). I note that, excepting the Rausing Circle, the hall is sold out for the Dream of Gerontius (31 August) - it was the same last week, so it doesn't appear to be an IT snag...

Comment

Working...
      X