Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Frenchie!

A big thanks to French Frank and her team for setting up this facility!

Originally posted by Martin Reynolds View Post
    A big thanks to French Frank and her team for setting up this facility!
    Absolutely...here's hoping the others wander over soon.

Comment

Thanks a lot French Frank - do I not have to wait three minutes to make another posting?

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Thanks a lot French Frank - do I not have to wait three minutes to make another posting?
        Can if you like...

Comment

occasional World M on 3 messageboarder boatmanbird here, just checking in to say I'm on board. Time & tide though, must be off, will be back

Comment

Yes indeed, the ever-sterling ff has done us proud.
            I think for those good folk in the R3 crowd, this will be the one to watch.

Comment

Yes, very many thanks for setting it up so quickly and smoothly. I do enjoy reading through the R3 message boards very much and dreaded going cold turkey on 30th.

Comment

Many thanks French Frank. Reading through the R3 boards has been part og my life since 2005. This site is quite user-friendly. Thank you for setting it up. Though i'm registered over on the other board, I'm not a "bells and whistles" kind of gal so this suits me just fine.

marthe

Comment

marthe,

Just noticed your location.
                  Now that means one thing above all else for me.
                  This glorious filming, performance and hat.
                  Anita O'Day, ladies and gentlemen
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for posting that clip. It's one of my favorites from Jazz on a Summer Day. I had a chance to see the whole film this summer on a big screen at the local cinema. The music, Miss O'Day and her hat, and Newport in 1958 are glorious indeed. Brings back wonderful memories of childhood summers here.

marthe

Comment

On a big screen, now that's something ! ( gives me an idea for our superb local film theatre in Stoke )

A chum who is lot nearer to you than me, featured Miss O'Day in a special programme some years back. Here's the link to Monica's show on that New Jersey miracle, wfmu : Includes a phone chat with the great lady if I remember correctly.

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for the link. WFMU is, indeed, a miracle especially as much FM programming here has gone to the dogs. "Jazz on a Sumer Day" was part of a local film festival called Doris Duke Days. Miss Duke was a friend of Anita O'Day and an amateur jazz pianist. She is best known here for founding a preservation organization that saved a large number of 18th-century Georgian buildings in Newport from being torn down during a period of redevelopment in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The theatre where the film was shown is the only old-fashioned, large-screen cinema for miles. It still has a Wurlitzer organ! In its early days, it was an Episcopal (Anglican) church called Zion Church.

marthe

Comment

May I join in and send my heartiest thanks to french frank for keeping many of us together? Well done!!!

Chris (modest as ever).

Comment

Many thanks too from me French Frank. This new site is great.

Comment

Let me add my thanks. I'm mostly a lurker, but I think I do listen to Radio 3 enough to justify my membership here.

Comment

Working...
                              X