Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping an eye out ...

Worth having a browse through http://www.mdt.co.uk/MDTSite/search/...ds/Nimbus1110/ while the promotion is running. Lots of good Numbus World stuff there. Nearly bankrupted me (though I carelessly replicated via multi-disc sets a couple I already had as individual CDs).

Bought 'World Music Sampler Vol. 2' on MP3 from Amazon. Sounds beautiful to me. Thanks Bryn!

Comment

How about this one Mr P.S.? Any good?

DJ Gabriel

Comment

Magic moments, DJ 'G'

Comment

Paul, I have not forgotten your enquiry re Sean O Se and the sean nos singing, but I have had no success from my efforts to find out more. However, Amazon has put this in my way
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000M2E8LS/ref=pe_abandon_x1 and there are a few tracks on this you might like. Perhaps your friend Mary Ann Kennedy would be the best source. Sorry.

Comment

I know it's not sean nos singing but here's a rather lovely wee tune from spotty with Róisín Elsafty and family singing with Sharron Shannon.
            Sharon Shannon, Roisin Elsafty and the Elsafty Family · Song · 2005

Comment

I love that John. Thanks for it.

Comment

Don't know that one, John, and I don't have spotify.
                Here is a bit of 'modern' sean nos.
                Irish words and translation for your information.

And Iarla O Lionaird and friends to sing it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

>>>Paul, I have not forgotten your enquiry re Sean O Se

Patrick, I knew you hadn't forgotten ! And that Mary Kennedy thought actually passed through my mind the other day.
                  ( Just caught sight of her by accident on bbc telly 4 ) And I'd recommend Spotty - it's easy and free if you don't mind a few ads.
                  8 million or so items to listen to and it's so fast ( at the moment ! )

Comment

And I'd recommend Spotty....

Thanks Paul. I've got it now. But..... don't rightly know how to use it yet! Too much technology.

Comment

Patrick,

How are you coping with the Aladdins Cave ?

Comment

Paul - there was a great spot of sean nos on the Highland Sessions this evening - with a fine backdrop of Iona too - Relig Oran, North End - just over the half way through the show - it finishes with a great pipe tune too...and of course Mary Ann's in there as well.

Comment

Bad boy, Bryn,
                          I've dented the plastic again: George Benjamin, BB, Fred Chopin (Perlmuter) and Tippett (despite a repeat dic like yourself).
                          :sigh smiley:

Comment

Just dipping in before heading off early for a Saturday morning in Central London. Yuk. I see from a brief glance, John, that Karen Matheson is on your link. Big fan. Possibly Annie Haslam aside, and sadly she has often needed advice on song selection, I doubt that I can think of anyone else who has that very special purity of voice. You might be able to suggest some.

My all time favourite is Aodann Srath Bhain. Perhaps someone can find a link to it as a coming back to sanity present? As soon as I return over the local suburban hill, the scene changes and I can breathe again, there's home and woodland across the valley. Admittedly it's not Scotland but it's not bad for our borough. Will have more of a look at those Highland Sessions later. Lat.
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-12-10, 08:46.

Comment

......oh, and does anyone know if McGrooger is ok? He seems to be a bit quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X