Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really, mind you Ira Louvin ( tall, to the left ) was a drinker and prone to smashing his mandolins up.
    But, I wonder, was Pete Townsend a fan ?

As for Charlene, well I really do 'owe' a certain ' Carlene ' the one-time Mrs Nick Lowe.

Comment

Do you? I'm finding it difficult to understand things these days. That Carr fellow who you put on Spotty just as the gas leaked - did you know that the gruesome neighbours have the same surname? It all just gets spookier and spookier.

Don't like Townsend. Whaaat? No. Don't like most of the Who stuff, Rolling Stones - don't like em, Presley - never liked him, Radiohead - definitely don't like them either, all give or take two or three tracks. Don't think I've ever written this before.

Comment

.....PS Why did Carlene Carter marry a bloke whose middle name is "Drain"?

Comment

>>>Can you imagine a world today with people like that

Not really !

Comment

>>>It all just gets spookier and spookier

It's just synchronicity ( Jeremy Bowen told me, so it must be true - I don't know him - just bumped in to him, in Newcastle, minutes after buying a cd based on laments recorded in a graveyard in war-torn Nagorno Karabakh ) And it happens all the time.

Comment

Now let me see.....

I've got Harold Macmillan on Caerfai Beach, St Davids - Handed him an old brown envelope, said please sign this and he replied "what a rotten bit of paper", he still signed it though;

Dana - Winsford, Somerset, filming "Singing in the Sunshine" in the pouring rain, she kissed someone, my memory tells me it was me but my doubt suggests that it was an 85 year old local in a flat cap who was previously munching straw

Alistair Darling - Got fed up with the lift in the basement once and stuck my thumb on the button, doors fly open and its just him in there - "oh, I really didn't want to be down here" - thinks "well now you know what it's like mate"

Plenty more, plenty more......!
              Last edited by Guest; 17-05-11, 11:33.

Comment

I'm sure Mr Mac had signed lots of rotten pieces of paper in his time.
                Lovely stuff, Lat

Comment

I love that bay - and Caerbwdi beyond it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                    I'm sure Mr Mac had signed lots of rotten pieces of paper in his time.

1 of the reasons I continue with this fab forum...

Comment

You're very kind.
                      But could I change the above to read " Uncle Mac " ?

Comment

Super surely? Uncle Mac predates me slightly - it was Stewpot in the sixties.

Just been reading about Winsford on Exmoor. Hadn't realised before that Ernie Bevin was born there.

I'm currently thinking Linda Ronstadt, Charlie Daniels and Faron Young. Should I stop thinking?

(We must have Roseanne Cash though)

Comment

>>Should I stop thinking?

No, but some serious thought may be required to keep up standards.
                          Ronstadt - did she do some Mexican numbers ?

Comment

Rogaciano, El Huapangero ...

Comment

But are they country? .........

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

kd and The Reclines appear in the show, Town and Country, on UK's Channel Four in 1991. They were promoting their new album Absolute Torch & Twang. The song ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                                But are they country? .........

kd and The Reclines appear in the show, Town and Country, on UK's Channel Four in 1991. They were promoting their new album Absolute Torch & Twang. The song ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcbGF...feature=fvwrel
                                and, to answer a Q with a Q, is Mulatu Astatke Jass or World? (I actually don't care about the answer to this one, just thought I'd go off-thread for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X