Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still like this one. Great live. Another haphazard Glastonbury discovery -

Comment

On the subject of great songs from movies it's hard to beat this - what an intro to a film this is!
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ladies wardrobe by Ann Peck. Was she the wife of Gregory? That's Q2 in this evening's quiz. The first was the second song from a B-western to get an Oscar.

Comment

.....I've replaced the earlier AG&D entry. Hope that's OK.

Updates

Porter Wagoner - The Cold Hard Facts of Life
          Hank Williams - Honky Tonk Blues
          Hank Thompson - Six Pack To Go
          Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
          Jimmie Rodgers - Blue Yodel No 1
          Leon Payne/Jim Reeves - I Love You Because
          George Jones - Where Grass Won't Grow
          Johnny Cash - Man In Black
          Tammy Wynette - D.I.V.O.R.C.E
          Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
          Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John
          Hank Wangford - (Title to be supplied by Global)
          Dolly Parton - Jolene
          Terry Allen - New Delhi Freight Train
          The Carter Family - Engine 143
          Guy Clark - Desperados Waiting For a Train
          Gram Parsons - Brass Buttons
          John Prine - Speed of the Sound of Loneliness
          Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Am A Town
          Mary Gauthier - I Drink
          The Handsome Family - So Much Wine
          Emmylou Harris - My Father's House
          Tex Ritter - High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me)
          Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash - One Too Many Mornings
          Merle Haggard - The Bottle Let Me Down
          Roy Rogers with the Sons of Pioneers - Dust
          Corb Lund - The Truck Got Stuck
          Steve Earle and The Del McCoury Band - The Mountain
          Patsy Cline - I Fall To Pieces

Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
          Judy Collins - The City of New Orleans
          Marty Robbins - El Paso
          Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
          Porter Wagoner - The Rubber Room
          Merle Haggard - Why Am I Drinkin'?
          Johnny Cash - Walk The Line
          The Eagles - ?
          The Everly Brothers - ?
          Nanci Griffith - ?
          kd Lang - ?
          Ryan Adams - ?
          Lefty Frizzell -?
          Buck Owens - ?
          Willie Nelson - ?
          The Louvin Brothers - ?
          Crystal Gayle - ?
          Last edited by Guest; 30-04-11, 12:57.

Comment

JC - This is one of my favourites but is it country? -

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Copperhead Road performed by Steve Earle. Follow Steve Earle: Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/steveearleTwitte...

Comment

That Lat was when Steve Earle was sort of trying to be another Springsteen ( one's more than enough, imo )
              Now when Mr Earle and Mr McCoury got together in 1999, well ok, they had a major bust up after a short time, but what was produced
              before was sparklingly good country music.

' The Mountain ' ' Texas Eagle'

This film is dedicated to the miners lost in any mine in any land.It is also dedicated to the mountains that like the miners are forever gone but never forgo...

And that could easily lead you back to The Stanley Brothers, The Delmore Brothers and boy, oh boy The Blue Sky Boys ...

Comment

Thanks Paul. Helpful. I'm just about to view it. I see that alongside it Levon Helm is mentioned. He's been back recently, hasn't he? Is it Dirt Farmer? Critically acclaimed I think.

Everyone's got their own mind. Don't want to influence decisions - I don't know enough - but am trying to stimulate the discussion as best I can. We had a lot of people pitching in earlier. All contributions, from regulars and not so regulars, would be very gratefully received.

Footnote: Sad song but very good indeed. Mining. I have added it to the above list.
                Last edited by Guest; 29-04-11, 23:21.

Comment

The Blue Sky Boys' 'Somebody Makes Me Think Of You' tore me up in the car the other day. It's now in the local team's individual in spot box !
                  Max Meister would love it but he'd be equally moved by Martha Midgett's ' Tommy ' .. which I've just now discovered is on the ' Deliverance ' OST

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                    The Blue Sky Boys' 'Somebody Makes Me Think Of You' tore me up in the car the other day. It's now in the local team's individual in spot box !
                    Max Meister would love it but he'd be equally moved by Martha Midgett's ' Tommy ' .. which I've just now discovered is on the ' Deliverance ' OST
                    Thanks a lot Paul and most enjoyable they both were. Maybe we need a bit of Tom T Hall - wonder if there's any of that anywhere.

I absolutely agree about Copperhead Road - But I do like Steve and Sharon doing the ad song - not country probably - still pretty crackin'!
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

"Man in Black" by Johnny Cash is one of the most powerfully moving protest songs I've ever heard, in any genre:

Comment

What an energizing way to start the day.
                        Thanks Eudaimonia.

Comment

Yes, I will make that the main Johnny Cash selection.

Comment

Great list you are developing, Lt.
                            I still get a kick out of these. What do you think?

Comment

Patrick,
                              You can get a bogof with this zesty little number

Comment

Originally posted by Eudaimonia View Post
                                "Man in Black" by Johnny Cash is one of the most powerfully moving protest songs I've ever heard, in any genre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtZt...eature=related
                                I have all six of his late American Recordings and play them often. Granite comes to mind:

... + this candidate for the greatest music video ever:

Comment

Working...
                                X