• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
    Rushing in with that Lefty Frizell entry
    ' Don't Stay Away '
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wzldvCi2F4
    Great choice Paul.

Comment

Actually Lat I might go for this Bob Wills instead - quality viewing in my opinion.
      https://youtu.be/gVrCs58PNUU THAT IS A NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION OF THIS VIDEO, PLUS HOME IN SAN ANTONE.

Comment

I've a LP by your hero John.
        The spine says ' Bob Willis ' !
        Hon mentions for those swingers Milton Brown, The Lightcrust Doughboys but not for Spade Cooley.
        Now Wilf Carter knows a good title when he sees one.
        ' When The Ice Worm Nests Again '
        Early Wilf Carter recording aka Montana Slim --I do not own the right to this music --sound recording administered by The Orchard Music --"Copyright Disclaim...

Comment

Hon mentions for those swingers Milton Brown, The Lightcrust Doughboys but not for Spade Cooley.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IokkPlY2HOY
          Thank you, thank you, thank you, Paul! That's set me up for the weekend. We need more mucklucks in these parts, don't you think?

Comment

I do

Comment

PS
              That wonderful, wonderful Wilf number is what I call music of the world !

Comment

Hey guys, I'm really struggling. I've been awake for nearly 24 hours and I haven't had anything to eat. So much prep for today's Job Centre interview.

It has been a terrible day with the fourth day of excavation work, drills and driven diggers next to my parents' home and one removed from mine. The noise has been eight hours every day and truly awful. There's now a ditch so deep on a slope just the other side of the fence that it looks like ground zero.

I am really worried about the foundations and have been expressing anger into the air. It is turning into a nightmare for us. My elderly mother disappeared to get away from it and we had all the worry about where she was. It all used to be so calm here. Sometimes I feel that I've had enough of people for a lifetime.

I really want to listen to "The Verb" from last week and review it but I feel that I might not be able to without passing out at my desk. I am really disappointed as I haven't missed one yet. I hope to come back to the country music very soon.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IokkPlY2HOY
                  Them Lightcrust doughboys are finger pickin' good, Paul!
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

...and as for Bob Willis
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

For titles - The Son of Hickory Holler's Tramp.

Merle Haggard does it too, but this reminds me of the Irish Showbands style.

For wishful thinking - well, I was just a boy of seventeen.

Comment

So many cowboys. So much grief.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lateralthinking1;54261 So much grief.[/QUOTE]

Here's some more.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickOD View Post
                          For titles - The Son of Hickory Holler's Tramp.

Merle Haggard does it too, but this reminds me of the Irish Showbands style.

For wishful thinking - well, I was just a boy of seventeen.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EPh8yJF0IQ
                          I love that OC Smith song Patrick - I always loved the way it faded out too...and talking of Mr Haggard ..well I'll just flag up again this wonderful bit of Candi Staton doing her take on Merle's 'You don't have far to go' - classic southern country soul - it tingles my spine it does!

Comment

John, you are taking me back to the days when Alexis Korner played all those soul numbers on his radio programme. I'm now searching!

Comment

Try this one on for size Patrick - great voice, brilliant horns; a right tearjerker from Bill Brandon!

Sorry Lat, I'll get back to the topic in hand shortly - I'm still trying to decide about the Thomas Fraser track - you're right - not 'over the rainbow'.

Comment

Yes, we do need the TF track.

It's ok. Mother was found. She'd been "on buses".

I went to inspect the huge abyss that is within 3 metres of my parents' small property and the Lord of the Manor opened the window in his newly built ivory tower. According to him there has been no noise for days on end from the tanks scooping out half of the borough.

He was "unaware" of the Party Wall etc Act 1996, although he builds and sells property from here to Slovenia. If I insisted on a Notice, as required, he would see me in court. As soon as I mentioned the phrases "the monstrosity of your extension" and "it's the return of Osama bin Laden - another ground zero", he shut the window as fast as Juliet but he's a very, very, ugly version of her.

The chasm is sheer and below the foundations of the bungalow. I wouldn't mind except it is the final straw in this country's campaign to make us destitute. It can only be a matter of time before the bricks split, and everything slips down the 1 in 9. Come to think of it, we'd have had better treatment in the past year with me working for, and them living next door to, a Taliban training camp.
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-05-11, 23:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X