Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put your thinking caps on...DJ Ritu needs your help

I've got a challenge for you all. Can you think of an appropriate world music theme song for the Save A World in London campaign? I just don't have enough in depth knowledge. My suggestion was The Kinks 'Village Green Preservation Society' but of course that's not world music.

DJ Gabriel

A rather obscure track comes to mind - "Preservation of humanity" by Mohammed Malcolm Ben - from his album "African Feeling". It's sort of thoughtful Ghana highlife music. Not on youtube or anywhere else as far as I know.

A rather obvious suggestion is this one, but maybe it's a bit corny for your purposes:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'll have another think...

Russ

Comment

Thanks Russ. I wouldn't say corny, but in the main reggae is not classed as world music. It's became a relatively mainstream genre. But a jolly good effort. Well done!

Deejay Gabriel

Comment

Too mainstream?:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Not sure of the feeling you're after.)

Comment

Martin what about the Sierra Leone's Refugee All-Stars and "Muloma (Let Us Be United)" ?
          This video clip was filmed at the Austin Reggae Music Festival on 4/18/10.

Comment

Thanks John. It was appreciated by the Ritu team.

Comment

Working...
            X