Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Here's good old Bob from a couple of nights back in Nashville doing 'Goodbye Jimmy Reed' and 'Every Grain of Sand' and then wowing the audience with a wee bit moothie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtbXIetFPY
    Thanks JC. Sounding amazingly good. I loved that Every Grain. As the 82-year-old continues his ongoing "Rough and Rowdy Ways" Tour (New Orleans tonight - tickets available) this 74-year-old is planning some light gardening,

On that YouTube page I clicked a link to a video of Dylan's bus leaving a venue. (Not riveting maybe but of marginal interest to the seriously committed). He doesn't hang around after gigs, as I remember when we saw him in Cardiff a few years ago. As we were heading home after the concert we overtook his bus on the M4 towards England.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post

On that YouTube page I clicked a link to a video of Dylan's bus leaving a venue. (Not riveting maybe but of marginal interest to the seriously committed). He doesn't hang around after gigs, as I remember when we saw him in Cardiff a few years ago. As we were heading home after the concert we overtook his bus on the M4 towards England.

One of the books I ended up buying while working through 'Mixing Up the Medicine', gurney, was Sam Shepard's 'Rolling Thunder Logbook'. It was mentioned in one of the essays in the book. There are some great wee insights into life on the road with Bob and his entourage and one in particular springs to mind when Bob heads off in his campervan trying to stay clear.
      Worth looking out, I thought.

Comment

I love this version of 'Tangled' from Wembley in '84 - genius what he does with this wonderful song.
        Provided to YouTube by Columbia/LegacyTangled up in Blue (Live at Wembley Stadium, London, UK - July 1984) · Bob DylanReal Live℗ 1984 Columbia Records, a div...

Comment

Uncle Bob gives us a great version of the classic from 'Hard Days Night'.
          Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesThings We Said Today · Bob Dylan · Lennon–McCartneyThe Art of McCartney℗ 2014 Columbia Records, a division of S...

Comment

Dylan with The Plugz playing ‘Jokerman’ in 1984:

& the Letterman Rehearsal:

Bob Dylan in New York City at Rockefeller Center rehearsing for an appearance on Late Night with David Letterman.22 March 1984.Band: Bob Dylan, J.J. Holiday,...

JR
            Last edited by Jazzrook; 26-04-24, 17:22.

Comment

In the troubled war torn world we are living in I often have the words of ‘God on our side’ as an earworm - I think Paul Jones with Manfred Mann’s Recording of this really connected with me in my late teens - I wonder if and how Dylan would update this now!

The Manfreds both with PJ and Mike d’Abo did justice to Bob’s songs.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                In the troubled war torn world we are living in I often have the words of ‘God on our side’ as an earworm - I think Paul Jones with Manfred Mann’s Recording of this really connected with me in my late teens - I wonder if and how Dylan would update this now!

A great version which I’d never heard before.
                It prompted me to seek out the track on CD and buy a Manfred Mann album for the first time in my life!
                Many thanks, cloughie.

JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                  Dylan with The Plugz playing ‘Jokerman’ in 1984:

JR
                  Thanks JR - loved Bob's moothie malfunction.

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Thanks, cloughie. I thought Paul Jones was a great front man - really fine singer and very excellent on the moothie as he briefly shows here when the Manfreds did their great cover of Bob's 'If you Gotta Go, Go Now'. Still sounds terrific, I think.
                  HiQ Hybrid = Live Video Performance PLUS Studio Quality Sound.For other Music Videos - do a YOUTUBE SEARCH for - JARichardsFilm HiQ FULL PLAYLIST or SEARCH...

Bob recorded it for 'Bringing it All Back Home', but it didn't make it onto the LP. Here he is singing it in Leicester in '65 with just the geetar and moothie for company.
                  Here is a great quality live version of Dyllan performing one of his most comical hits. Although Dylan recorded it with a band in the studio in early 1965, ...

Comment

Working...
                  X