Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

>>You "might" want to switch off if easily offended

Is that message shown on the 'Iplay it again' ( Sam ) for daytime Radio 2 programmes ?

:cool2:

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I think this GP club mix of GSH is working quite well. Atmospheric.

Can imagine listening to it in a car in the early hours of the morning. The feeling of knowing where you are heading and when you will get there; at the same time, not having a clue where you are in another sense or even what the year is.

I was going to put on a picture pun about the Bard of Barking. Then I saw his house and started gnashing my teeth somewhat. Wished I had had the dark glasses on.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

I love the meandering education of these threads !
        I'd agree that Billy's place would look better when wearing extremely dark glasses.
        It's quite a startling pile of bricks, I have to say, but I'm sure it suits his purpose ( studio space etc )
        :cool2: :cool2:

Billy's B&B

( I knew the writing was on a different wall when I spotted BB at the big Alexandra Palace antiques fair - )

PS

" Grabbing a bite to eat in Bath ahead of tonights gig. Lovely evening and the coffee is gooood "
        The formerly Barking Bard. Recent work.

PPS

The truly fab four return home after a day's toil
        Last edited by Guest; 05-06-11, 19:41.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Gawd. I feel that I was misled for about twenty years by false prophets/profit makers."Tank Park Salute" and "The Space Race Is Over" are still moving but think I will ditch the rest.

Many on that kind of left/left us are extremely fortunate that it is only the nutter opposition that gets irate. They trade on their natural constituency's tolerance. Not sure if I can look at Burton Bradstock from my Millets tent ever again.

Anyhow, what DID the Beatles have against yellow? Their worst song ever devoted to it and not even a humble door.

Blimey GSH....is that really the origin of the word "jazz"? The Victor Meldrew in me says "I don't believe it!".

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

.......Well, that's it. The Gilles was dope man. Possibly. Enjoyed it.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Gil Scott doc on BBC 4 this evening I notice while perusing the schedules.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                Host
                • Nov 2010

sorry to weaken the DNA of this thread, but did you catch Randy Newman on r2? (ahem - someone told me ...)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                  (ahem - someone told me ...)
                  Ahem, strangely enough Global my Randy Newman alert app went off in the car on Sunday pm and I was tranported to a new dimension where Sir Tel still prattles away and there was Randy singing 'I'll never get over losing you' - ain't he just magnificent - I'll leave you to guess which one.
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 27-06-11, 16:35. Reason: my edit app told me I should, so I did!

Comment

• Globaltruth
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Phew, not just me then...it's interesting where Randy's promotion guys place him - not sure he needs it given the success he has had with film music over the years, but what is encouraging I guess is that he is still in love with his songs and wants to do this kind of stuff....what was truly shocking for me was that my son-in-law, a former hip-hop jungle grime garage (you can fill your own obscure words in here.....) DJ of some repute in places that mattered was actually listening to Sir T. Beyond odd.

As Matthew Arnold wrote:
                    Ah, 'tis not what in youth we dreamed 'twould be!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

I really enjoyed that GSH doc the other night on Beeb 4, though not enough music (doesn't seem to be on LA). The esteem in which he was held in the film is mirrored by this rather moving article from the Guardian last week which portrays a guy who cared.
                      After a traumatic childhood Abdul Malik Al Nasir seemed to be heading for jail or an early death. Then, at the age of 18, he met the famous poet and musician – with remarkable consequences

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

A piece and a half, that, john.

Comment

Working...
                        X