• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
    Film tip for today :

' Whisky '

Trail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuPj...eature=related
    Looks v good Paul - I haven't heard of it - that's right up Fran's street, so I'll be looking it out. WHISKY!

By the way Lat, don't get me started on Dental abcess or I'll tell you about the time I found myself standing on my head on the bed, leaning against the wall in the middle of the night. It somehow offered minor release - never tried it again. Now I just go for WHISKY!
    Last edited by johncorrigan; 11-11-11, 17:34. Reason: the thought of WHISKY!

Comment

John,

' Whisky ' is a case of less equals far, far more.
      Ditto, ' Historias Minimas '

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Looks v good Paul - I haven't heard of it - that's right up Fran's street, so I'll be looking it out. WHISKY!

By the way Lat, don't get me started on Dental abcess or I'll tell you about the time I found myself standing on my head on the bed, leaning against the wall in the middle of the night. It somehow offered minor release - never tried it again. Now I just go for WHISKY!
        I've also seen this film and also recommend it.
        Aargh - are we now turning into Film Club? My favourite tech supplier, Logitech, have just rebranded themselves as a Media Management company - I need to nip over to their forum to tell them that it's the music that will triumph. These film things, once they added talking and colour, all went downhill.

Quick recovery with the
        mandibular issues Lat - there's some saying about 'grin and bear it' which is totally inappropriate in this case....had to be said though.
        Last edited by Globaltruth; 11-11-11, 19:14.

Comment

Thanks, GT, I'm smiling like I mean it.

I wont turn this into Holby City. Have to come back on JC's point though. John - You stood on your head. This is no lie. I was on my stomach on the floor and using my hands to spin my body around in circles. I couldn't keep standing and I couldn't keep still. When I needed to know the time, I didn't need to find a clock. I just looked at which way my arms and legs were pointing.

The dentist got the putty out at 2.37pm and I get my mouth guard next Friday. Meanwhile, it is time for more of the co co co co codamol. I can feel the temporomandibular joint attempting to leave my head for a night out in Croydon. That would not necessarily be a good thing. It doesn't dance well when it leaves my head and has a poor taste in music.

Comment

Max Reinhardt - 15/11/2011

Max Reinhardt - 15/11/2011
            ... presents music from Steve Reich's, Bjork, Charles Mingus and Alemu Aga.

should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              Alemu Aga.[/SIZE]

should be good.
              Been listening to Alemu on spotty lately Global - absolutely nothing like it anywhere by anyone else - otherworldly.

Cerys had Aurelio Martinez in the studio today and bloomin' great it was. It's in the last half hour and just before is the Will Rogers Highway with Woody telling a tale to Alan Lomax and singin' the song....and she filled Sunday with Bob, some fado, bitta ska, some rap and lots more. Nice!
              Cerys Matthews has a live session from Garifuna artist Aurelio Martinez of Honduras.

Comment

The risotto recipe was hilariously rubbish - definitely NOT to be tried at home as given.

Turning into a WM refuge when there's none about on r3

Which is most of the time.

Comment

>>when there's none about
                  There's always this.
                  Part of your one a day?

A selection of The Boy Kershaw's favourite tunes, as posted on the AK Facebook Page over the course of the last decade.

Comment

There's always this.
                    Part of your one a day?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0670EE5F78A60D52
                    Yes, I subscribe to this, but rarely listen to them...not on the radio

Comment

Global,

It's not that far removed* from the partly-retrospective programme idea that I
                      suggested to the broadcaster and producer a couple of years back ...

* And would, I suspect, be closer if more classic items were available on The Tube.
                      But I think many of those can only readily be found in the one-a-day chap's own collection.
                      ( or JC's cassette drawer )

PS

Do you want me knock the spots off a show a week now the dark days have arrived ?
                      ( say around 24 items / 1.5 hours ? )

Comment

Do you want me knock the spots off a show a week now the dark days have arrived ?
                        ( say around 24 items / 1.5 hours ? )
                        Great idea - our very own show. I'll post them here too if that's ok?
                        And tweet them relentlessly.

Bet Max beats you to it with this one dedicated to Strictly Come Dancing though...
                        http://spoti.fi/lnyF2e

You might perhaps like to check your inbox for another suggestion ...

Comment

You Three Angels you, ta GT.
                          Lovely.
                          And thanks for all the others that arrived of late.
                          You can post 'em wherever you like !!

Comment

Ok ... World Not On 3 is ready to be unleashed in to the wild

And coming soon to a jukebox near you
                            Last edited by Guest; 14-11-11, 23:21.

Comment

Well it's got 1 subscriber already and I'm pretty sure he plays it to quite a few people...

Comment

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps !!!
                                Quizas,quizas, quizas !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X