No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is Lat.

Comment

Thanks JC. I hadn't realised it was already there. Lat.

(The first track from Hari S on Spotify too!)

Comment

Oum Kaltsoum's song from 1926 and the wonderful "Baghdad" by Ilham al-Madfai.

agreed! for me, both resonate with current times.

btw the yodelling chaps are from georgia, (not madagacar).

thanks for your 'more on madagascar' link johncorrigan! very welcome.

Comment

There was something quite delightful in finding, while listening to Jarvis on Sunday afternoon that Captain Beefheart and Ivor Cutler shared the same birthday. Couldn't help thinking what an interesting birthday party that would make.
          Dodgy opinion, crackpot theories, hare-brained schemes and beautiful, beautiful music.

Comment

Isn't that Martin Luther King day? Iris DeMent too:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(And Ivor Novello)

Comment

Cockadoodledon't
              Cherry Red

actually, ivor and the captain might just get on rather well?

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                Cockadoodledon't
                Cherry Red

actually, ivor and the captain might just get on rather well?
                Me or Paul usually play the 'Moonlight in (or on) Vermont' YouTuibe linkerage at this point...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZDh...A371B68B19A6D3

even though Ivor Novello didn't write it he might have done. And they would certainly have performed a version at the birthday party.

And my favourite Ivor Cutler trivia (no apologies for repeating) is that he used to collect Ivory Cutlery.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                  Isn't that Martin Luther King day?
                  You may be interested to know, Lat, that that alternative JC did a wee bit on MLK reading from an autobiog by Gil Scott Heron about how he went on tour with Stevie promoting a Martin Luther King Day. Seems the book is coming out....or is out. Here's a clip from the Grauny.

In an extract from his memoir written before he died last year, Gil Scott-Heron talks about when he toured with Stevie Wonder to establish Martin Luther King Day as a national holiday in the US

....and thanks for the Iris....wish she would make more songs.

Comment

I see that Cerys has Dr Lucy and James Parkin on this Sunday morning punting the 'World Routes on the Road'.
                    Cerys discusses World Routes on the Road with Lucy Duran and James Parkin.

Comment

Thank you for these John and for the communication that arrived safely in my inbox. It was appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        I see that Cerys has Dr Lucy and James Parkin on this Sunday morning punting the 'World Routes on the Road'.
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019pmg6
                        Excellent x-channel channeling.... Top marks to Cerys.

Incidentally (one for JC) Cerys has just done an interview with Jack Bruce - not sure when that will be on, but (thanks to Twitter) I can tell you that Max asked her to ask Jack (still with me?) if he (Jack) had ever performed with Fela (at the time that Ginger B was). Shame Max didn't ask us innit...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1wPMdb50mc

Next up... r3's Words & Music is replaced by r6's Late Night Jukebox
                        Last edited by Globaltruth; 18-01-12, 15:14. Reason: just found a Globaljukeboxer...

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                          Excellent x-channel channeling.... Top marks to Cerys.

[/URL][/I]
                          Wonder which one to stick a request in for Global - I'm kinda keen on Watmon Cultural Group doing 'Lweny Dong Pe' just now.

Haven't heard her mention JB but she's had a trail of haggard rockers over the last year or so - Wyman, Woods, Wilco, some bloke from Black Sabbath, Joe Boyd (ok not haggard rocker) to name but a few - so Jack would make a very elevated entry to the Cerys Call of Fame.

Comment

>>she's had a trail of haggard rockers

How about Merle ? ( if you don't ask etc etc ! )

Global,
                            I bet this tweet'n could have its uses if I knew how it worked ...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                              >>she's had a trail of haggard rockers

How about Merle ? ( if you don't ask etc etc ! )
                              Merle would make for excellent Sunday morning listening Paul - we'd all wake up thinkin' it was still Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                                >>

Global,
                                I bet this tweet'n could have its uses if I knew how it worked ...
                                Get yer #hashtags sorted and you'll be laughing.

I should point you to sub-section iv(b) of clause 3 of the Official Twitter Agreement (version 7 dated Jan '12) that you signed up to which says
                                'any tweets, lists, instagrams or references to country music specifically from the U S of A will cause the same to be blocked and the sending user account to be deleted'

Thought you should know...

Comment

Working...
                                X