Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>Get yer #hashtags sorted and you'll be laughing.

As in ' illegal smile ' ?

Comment

Perhaps someone could tweet PG and suggest these for Womad 2012 -

the sun, sun newspaper, nigerian news, politics, entertainment, business, politics, 2023 Governorship Election

Oilrig, can you help to get them here??
      Last edited by Guest; 19-01-12, 02:06.

Comment

......I really do feel that this guy must also be asked here in 2012, at least for the Rolf slot on Sunday morning.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
          ......I really do feel that this guy must also be asked here in 2012, at least for the Rolf slot on Sunday morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HngLD...eature=related
          Stereo posting is it?

Bring back mono I say....

(who is Rolf? )

Comment

Is he Surveyor of The Queen's Pictures ?

Comment

I think he would have a long way to go before being more eccentric than Burrell, Paul, if that is what you mean. But he was a butler and ate larvae on IACGMOOH.

It was Anthony Blunt who was a surveyor of the Queen's Pictures. So far as I am aware, he did not have a long white beard and play the guitar at American festivals. However, Baby Gramps did release a record called "Rogues' Gallery".

Global - I didn't know what you meant but have now removed the duplicate post. I am sure that you would agree that the Faaji Agba Band would be an excellent choice for the Womad festival.

("We dream in colour, others they colour their dreams")
              Last edited by Guest; 21-01-12, 12:09.

Comment

I do agree Lat. I'm planning to go to Womad in Derry - lets hope he gets booked for then...

Comment

That's good. Both him and them.

I hadn't realised that there is to be a Womad in Derry. Must read my newsletters properly.

It all gets so confusing........!

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                    That's good. Both him and them.

I hadn't realised that there is to be a Womad in Derry. Must read my newsletters properly.

It all gets so confusing........!
                    There is (whisper it) another forum where they talk about WM from time to time
                    http://womad.org/forums/thread/lpDA-0DcIelo29Z954g.

Worth keeping an eye on.. (and reporting back here of course)

Comment

Under the 'apropos of nothing' heading section, and as a bit of a Krazy Kat fan (a very fine take from Oz late on) may I flag up (a bit late with only a couple of days left on LA) this fine half hour minus two minutes, Short Cuts, from R4 which I think certain in this board might find hits a spot. It's the 2nd in a series of four - missed the first, glad I didn't miss the second.
                      Nina Garthwaite presents a showcase for short documentaries from the UK and abroad

Comment

Musical migrants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015ztm9#synopsis

In which Ann Savoy rejects her Southern Lady upbriging and talks about cooking squirrel and real cajun music.
                        Can we organise an outing?

Comment

>>talks about cooking squirrel

That may explain why I was helping out in a search for popcorn with her husband, a few months back !

Comment

i enjoyed ms savoy's taste in singing styles, and (translated) lyrics especially - and hope that r3 pick up on her, and play some more of her tunes.

a great r4 prog (that should really be on r3)?

Comment

I notice that the increasingly basso profundo, L. Cohen is talking to Jarvis this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                                i enjoyed ms savoy's taste in singing styles, and (translated) lyrics especially - and hope that r3 pick up on her, and play some more of her tunes.

a great r4 prog (that should really be on r3)?
                                A pity there is so little of them on Spotify and why nothing at all of Sarah?

Comment

Working...
                                X