Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    You're a soft old devil JC, but a good recommendation for all that, so thanks. Here's the lyrics:

They're a pale thing without the music...

So - whose version are we going to plump for? Ethereal:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YxHZPcMaQ

Dramatic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBaIG8Mocec

Traditional:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-g_4yVxnQY
    Coming to this late after the replay today. For me it's this version but then I always was an old hippy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Well Andrew Graham Dixon didn't select any WM on his Private Passions but he did plump for Anarchy in the UK....not sure if that counts ?

Maceo Merriweather certainly does though - boogie on down with AGD

( oh by the way r3 you've made a right frittata of the playlist - not even correctly duplicated! As a humble listener... Huh?)

Comment

Well Andrew Graham Dixon didn't select any WM on his Private Passions but he did plump for Anarchy in the UK....not sure if that counts ?

Maceo Merriweather certainly does though - boogie on down with AGD

( oh by the way r3 you've made a right frittata of the playlist - not even correctly duplicated! As a humble listener... Huh?)
        Yeah I was ferrying my lad between Perth and Dundee...we'd enjoyed the pleasures of Glenn and some Schooby (you just can't get enough) and then on came Anarchy...there is just such a frisson of excitement to hear it played on Radio 3...and I think AGD was right about Lydon, though I'd have gone for Public Image Ltd. Programme must have been from a while back cos he's been to Sicilly and back and wore the T-shirt.

Comment

Interesting looking Monday evening on R2 this week...Wilko Johnson's on Paul Jones, and Richard Thompson is on with Jools, but also Nitin Sawhney starts a new series called NS spins the globe...not sure how many weeks it's on.
          The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Interesting looking Monday evening on R2 this week...Wilko Johnson's on Paul Jones, and Richard Thompson is on with Jools, but also Nitin Sawhney starts a new series called NS spins the globe...not sure how many weeks it's on.
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/programm...les/2013/03/04
            Well spotted JC, will listen with interest...is that r2's first foray into WM? As far as I can recall it is...
            Wow!

Comment

Well spotted JC, will listen with interest...is that r2's first foray into WM? As far as I can recall it is...
              Wow!
              NS had a six week series before...last year I think... and I think they did a doc on Nusrat, G...but it don't happen much. By the way, while I'm here, are you getting anything in your spotty inbox? - keeps telling me message can't be sent, but not sure if that means the tunes are not going either.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                NS had a six week series before...last year I think... and I think they did a doc on Nusrat, G...but it don't happen much. By the way, while I'm here, are you getting anything in your spotty inbox? - keeps telling me message can't be sent, but not sure if that means the tunes are not going either.
                Nope, last thing was the Petra Haden, & v.welcome it was too

Comment

Nope, last thing was the Petra Haden, & v.welcome it was too
                  It's a cracker!
                  Seem to be having some block - might just go away!

Comment

It's a song that seems to have been attracting a lot of attention recently, perhaps because of Falkland War anniversary, but this was another very interesting 'Soul Music' on Radio 4 today...about 'Shipbuilding' I'm sure you've worked out.
                    The Robert Wyatt song from 1982, written by Elvis Costello and Clive Langer.

Comment

Camberley's finest on BBC4 tomorrow evening at ten pm. If not the best live band I ever saw, then certainly in the top three. That's without considering the songs.

Comment

Originally posted by zola View Post
                        Camberley's finest on BBC4 tomorrow evening at ten pm. If not the best live band I ever saw, then certainly in the top three. That's without considering the songs.
                        I am staying for that lot tomorrow night.
                        Never seen film of Ducks Deluxe .(could youtube them I suppose).
                        Never seen Graham Parker live either, but wish I had.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

World Routes Sun 24th 10-111
                          Throughout March, as part of Baroque Spring, Lucy Duran visits South America. In Bolivia she enjoys the famed Baroque music of Chiquitos.
                          Plus, fighting for breath in the world's highest capital city, she meets the celebrated charango player Ernesto Cavour in La Paz.
                          World Routes gets to the heart of Latin American Baroque in two of the continent's most musical nations. The programme makes exclusive recordings of music and musicians that date from the Baroque period, as well as other traditions that date from before or after the 16th and 17th centuries. Presenter/Lucy Duran, Producer/James Parkin

tben to finish off, next Sunday Mar 31:
                          Lucy Duran presents the last of five programmes recorded in South America.
                          Her journey ends with the iconic panpipes of Lake Titicaca, and the characteristic singing style of the high Andes in Bolivia. She celebrates new year in the world's highest capital city - La Paz - and records the world famous band Los Masis, in their home town of Sucre, which is the town where Simon Bolivar declared Latin American independence.

April 1 from 10-12, as a special celebration of the Baroque season, live from the Albert Hall, renowned world musicians Rachid Taha, Toumani Diabate and Rokia Traore perform a special version of Bach's most happy, movement-laden triple-choir Motet, beginning with The Goldberg Variations.
                          Introduced by Flora Poil

Comment

Repeat of Robin Denselow's programme about the music of the Saharawi refugees & the work of the Sandblast music charity - radio 4 15.30 today (Sat) & on iPlayer near you.

Comment

Repeat of Robin Denselow's programme about the music of the Saharawi refugees & the work of the Sandblast music charity - radio 4 15.30 today (Sat) & on iPlayer near you.
                              Thanks for that G - by the way, and no reason it should be here, but I see a third photo of Robert Johnson has been authenticated - missed it in the papers last month.

Comment

And Chris Wood's new album is out...

You can listen to a free track on that site.

Comment

Working...
                                X