X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
    Well, that is very good news JC.

I look forward to it.

Nothing at all against Nigeria but will we be told why she is there as one of the three rather than Senegal?

Perhaps Senegal is too obvious.
    That also crossed my mind, Lat...Ethiopia? Algeria? Madacascar? Ghana? Cape Verde? Zimbabwe, even? All set for season 2 already.
    Last edited by johncorrigan; 01-06-18, 17:17.

Comment

Yes, saw the trailer which looked good.

Listened to the MoonDog programme on r4 too - worth a listen but they missed out so much. Those drum box years for example...maybe it was for the best. Also the fact that he played so much on the street didnt really come across. On the street...

WE NEED MORE OF THIS SORT OF THING
      Last edited by Globaltruth; 01-06-18, 16:43. Reason: WE NEED MORE OF THIS SORT OF THING

Comment

Brilliant photo, Global. Wonder what happened to the documentary film that was being made about Moondog. I remember an interview one Sunday on Cerys a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          Well wait for this, Lat. You love a bit of DJ Rita and she starts a three-parter on BBC4 tomorrow evening in Nigeria. In the following programmes we are promised trips to Mali and South Africa to explore these giants of African musical tradition. There you are, Lat...Rita on the telly!
          Really enjoyable trip round Nigeria tonight. Rita was a fine tour guide.

Comment

Really enjoyable trip round Nigeria tonight. Rita was a fine tour guide.
            JC, I am getting totally confused with the days of the week along with much else.

I will find it on I-Player.

If there are just another three after these, I will take Ethiopia, Cape Verde and Zimbabwe from your fine list.

Comment

Here's the link, Lat.

Comment

One of the stars of Rita's trip to Nigeria was her visit to the quiet, unassuming () Sir Victor Uwaifo...here's Joromi his version of an old Nigerian folk tale.

Comment

One of the stars of Rita's trip to Nigeria was her visit to the quiet, unassuming () Sir Victor Uwaifo...here's Joromi his version of an old Nigerian folk tale.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe7UefYCN8
                  I really like Sir Victor Uwaifo.

Must do this - you wouldn't imagine the range of stuff going on here or perhaps you would as I know something of your family circumstances - but I will catch up on this and the Cerys TDK etc. I have a tendency at present to take in loads of rubbish rather than focussing on good recommendations - which is what I want - so as I can moan and, if not, talk and talk.

That's what happens when all the rest sort of takes over - the aging process essentially.

Thank you.

Hey, my YT has just rolled onto this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3YLhtuzTQ
                  Last edited by Lat-Literal; 03-06-18, 22:45.

Comment

I really like Sir Victor Uwaifo.

Must do this - you wouldn't imagine the range of stuff going on here or perhaps you would as I know something of your family circumstances - but I will catch up on this and the Cerys TDK etc. I have a tendency at present to take in loads of rubbish rather than focussing on good recommendations - which is what I want - so as I can moan and, if not, talk and talk.

That's what happens when all the rest sort of takes over - the aging process essentially.

Thank you.

Hey, my YT has just rolled onto this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3YLhtuzTQ
                    It's a crackin' documentary, Lat...anyway, funnily this was just on in the car...could be my fave Van...could be, I say!

Comment

I have recently discovered that Gideon Coe is playing a fair bit of world music.

This has probably been going on for years - if so I wasn't aware of it.

Or perhaps I had just forgotten - not sure..…...he played this a few nights ago:

Super Diamono de Dakar - Maaduleen:

VA - African Pearls - Sénégal 70: Musical EffervescenceC3 - Super Diamono de Dakar - MaaduleenDiscograph (6157396) - 2010http://www.discogs.com/release/22843...

And I've just found this - "Coe's World Cup Special - Music from the 32 Nations":

Gideon Coe - BBC 6 Music - 2100-Midnight - Mons-Thurs

Comment

Shirley Collins an excellent guest on this evening's Gideon Coe Show on BBC Radio 6 Music.

Comment

I have recently discovered that Gideon Coe is playing a fair bit of world music.

This has probably been going on for years - if so I wasn't aware of it.

Or perhaps I had just forgotten - not sure..…...he played this a few nights ago:

Super Diamono de Dakar - Maaduleen:

VA - African Pearls - Sénégal 70: Musical EffervescenceC3 - Super Diamono de Dakar - MaaduleenDiscograph (6157396) - 2010http://www.discogs.com/release/22843...

And I've just found this - "Coe's World Cup Special - Music from the 32 Nations":

Gideon Coe - BBC 6 Music - 2100-Midnight - Mons-Thurs
                          A regular haunt of Mr Sherratt, formerly of this parish.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                            A regular haunt of Mr Sherratt, formerly of this parish.
                            Hope the old chap is in fine form, GT. I like a spot of Gid Coe too when I'm waiting for Nick Luscombe to start.

Later today on Radio 4 'Journeys into Afrofuturism'...might be interesting.

Emma Dabiri explores some of the many incarnations of Afrofuturism in art and music.

Comment

Natalie Merchant's on Radcliffe's R2 Folk Show this evening starting about 20 minutes in.
                              here she is with Lunasa from the interview...Bonny Light Horseman:
                              Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesThe Bonny Light Horseman · Lúnasa · Natalie MerchantCas℗ 2018 Lúnasa RecordsReleased on: 2018-06-08Producer: Lú...

Quality!
                              Last edited by johncorrigan; 04-07-18, 20:41.

Comment

BBC4 TV : Je t'aime : The Story of French Song With Petula Clark:

Documentary from 2015 - and repeated last night. Much better than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X