Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't listened to The Cash's 'Sandanista' in many a long year, after our flat was broken into back in the early 80s, and my flatmate and I lost two thirds of our LPs. The other week I spotted it in a Chazza in Blairgowrie for 25p and have been really enjoying reconnecting with it - I think it's my favourite Clash record. Anyhow, I only mention it so that I can suggest 'One More Dub' for this particular Caribbean Thursday.

The Clash – One More Dub (Official Audio)Official Merch available here: http://store.theclash.comFollow on Spotify - https://smarturl.it/TheClash_Spotify Lis...

Comment

'Kunta Kinte Dub' - The Revolutionaries
      Provided to YouTube by Virtual Label LLCKunta Kinte Dub · The RevolutionariesDrum Sound - More Gems From the Channel One Dub Room 1974 -1980℗ Pressure Sounds...

Comment

I was at our local refuse tip this morning - that is because I am living my best life.

Did you know there is even a special skip for carpet now? Brilliant.

A large white van drew up with music blaring, to empty the toy collection units. Played Lovers Rock Reggae non stop

Whilst throwing a few shapes as I dragged my wet carpet and soggy wood up the ramp I couldn't resist telling him I was a fan of LSP but did think how much more lively it would be if they blasted this out during opening hours.

It's not rubbish!

Anyway, here is LSP and The Upsetters with a nice riddim track of their own. Hooya

70's Black Ark reggae sound revival, composed and produced by Borka BFor purchase DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/borkab_daproducer/SoundCloud:...

Comment

Just trying to keep track of the days this week, and it being Thursday all day today, by my calculation, I thought I'd celebrate Caribbean Thursday with a spot of 'Rude Boy Gone A Jail' by Desmond Baker and the Clarendonians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQRDLsGXex4

Last edited by johncorrigan; 04-01-24, 14:10.

Comment

It was producer Herman Chin-Loy who renamed Horace Swaby as Augustus Pablo - apparently he read the name in a Mexican magazine and thought it was kind of exotic. Here's Augustus and his melodica with one to cheer the soul for a Winter Wonderland Caribbean Thursday.
            Provided to YouTube by Virtual Label LLCA Good Hearted Melody · Augustus Pablo · Augustus PabloRockers At King Tubby's℗ 2014 Gorgon RecordsReleased on: 2014-...

Stay cosy out there. Mind how you go...as Fred Thursday might put it.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              It was producer Herman Chin-Loy who renamed Horace Swaby as Augustus Pablo - apparently he read the name in a Mexican magazine and thought it was kind of exotic. Here's Augustus and his melodica with one to cheer the soul for a Winter Wonderland Caribbean Thursday.

Wins Fascinating Fact of the day....

Comment

King Tubby - 'Take Five' (or 'Toke Five' as one of the comments on the page suggests - )
                video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

A powerful performance of 'Slavery Days' from 'Burning Spear'(aka Winston Rodney) on Dutch TV, 1997:

Burning Spear (aka Winston Rodney) is one of the most brilliant and respected roots artists in Jamaica's history. On July 7, 1997 we filmed a 2 Meter Session...

​​​​​​​JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                    A powerful performance of 'Slavery Days' from 'Burning Spear'(aka Winston Rodney) on Dutch TV, 1997:

Burning Spear (aka Winston Rodney) is one of the most brilliant and respected roots artists in Jamaica's history. On July 7, 1997 we filmed a 2 Meter Session...

JR
                    Great stuff, JR. ​​​​​​​

Here Kingston meets Tripoli courtesy of Watany Al Kabir.
                    Provided to YouTube by HABIBI Funk RecordsWatany Al Kabir (Habibi Funk 024) · Ibrahim Hesnawi · Ibrahim Hesnawi · Ibrahim HesnawiWatany Al Kabir (Habibi Funk...

Comment

Here's Uncle Lee's song about strange and confusing smoke signals emanating from the Vatican back in 1978. I had forgotten there were three Pope's that year which led to the gag doing the rounds: 'What happens when the Pope dies?' 'Another one popes up.'.
                      Anyway, the Scratchmeister's response was 'Baffling Smoke Signals'.

Happy unseasonably chilly Caribbean Thursday.

Comment

Bunny Wailer's excellent take on 'This Train' - Happy Springtime Caribbean Thursday.
                        Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupThis Train · Bunny WailerBlackheart Man℗ 1976 UMG Recordings, Inc.Released on: 1976-09-08Producer: Bunny WailerCo...

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Bunny Wailer's excellent take on 'This Train' - Happy Springtime Caribbean Thursday.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki7MZ9Wfmm4
                          thanks JC. Been away for a few days & forgot to check this place. anyway… is there a B. Marley film in the making? Or it it out? Owt or Nowt as they say in the parts… (I can translate if required)…

UPDATE
                          FILM IS RELEASED and it seems to have sunk without trace…
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post

thanks JC. Been away for a few days & forgot to check this place. anyway… is there a B. Marley film in the making? Or it it out? Owt or Nowt as they say in the parts… (I can translate if required)…

UPDATE
                            FILM IS RELEASED and it seems to have sunk without trace…
                            Saw the trailer a few times, Global...I wasn't convinced...might look out for it if it comes on the box. There was too much other competition out there for my cinema visits, so far this year.

Comment

The Pioneers ~ ‘Long Shot Kick De Bucket’:

Classic boss sounds from 1969, performed by leading Jamaican trio, the Pioneers.Relating the sudden and dramatic demise of noted racehorse Long Shot at a rac...

JR

Comment

Dillinger - 'Festival Rock'.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO7VtNTc1ow

Comment

Working...
                                X