Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love lucy and paddy!

a top programme on sunday, (apart from the goat bit).

agreed, paddy is a gas.

Comment

>>But I did see some comments on Dr L on Cerys which were mixed in their opinion

Where were they, Global ?

Btw I'm with John re the interviewin' - mind you the James & Lucy slot was way too short imo, especially on a Sunday am. And that two hours would be better served by three.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
        >>But I did see some comments on Dr L on Cerys which were mixed in their opinion

Where were they, Global ?

hashtag6music
        not a place you want to visit too often...

Comment

>>not a place you want to visit

Couldn't find the offending parts - perhaps they removed 'em.

Comment

>>not a place you want to visit

Couldn't find the offending parts - perhaps they removed 'em.
            or maybe it was another hashtag...sadly I have absolutely no intention of going back to find out, just take my word for it.
            1 thing about Twitter - there are a lot of tweets out there.

Life's too short, and I think it's more important to....

Comment

Odd photo Global. Is there really a book called "Even Hitler Had a Mother"?

I have now listened to the Cerys programme in full. The moment of the week to gush. I think her programme is brilliant. One of the best on the network. Her voice - warm, natural - really does it for me. It is Sunday morning. And 80% of the music is great. Feels almost tailor made.

It was also interesting to hear Lucy and James describing how recordings are made in faraway places, the elements of danger and the BBC's odd school of preparation. Loved that guy with the song about a horse.

I would still like to hear more about the way in which artists are chosen beforehand. That wasn't entirely clear. And while I noted that there was once a programme on Radio 3 called "Traditional Music", I haven't been able to find out more about it on Google which is a pity. Still, a point that was worth making.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                Odd photo Global. Is there really a book called "Even Hitler Had a Mother"?
                I would still like to hear more about the way in which artists are chosen beforehand. That wasn't entirely clear. And while I noted that there was once a programme on Radio 3 called "Traditional Music", I haven't been able to find out more about it on Google which is a pity. Still, a point that was worth making.
                Even better Lat - looks like it's a song called 'Even Hitler had a Ma'.

I don't know how they chose the songs - I assume it was memorable sessions, and an attempt to take in the range of geographies - but I'm totally lovin' Baghdad in the car these last couple of days.

Comment

Yes, I absolutely love that track John. I am slightly disturbed by the thought that sections of this -

sound extraordinarily like sections of this -

Still, I like lists.
                  Last edited by Guest; 27-01-12, 09:30.

Comment

'Even Hitler had a Ma'.

That's a world favourite's Chas n Dave hit, isn't it.
                    And don't forget chums, tonight's the big world routes academy announcement night -
                    so have your 10 o'clcock tv news programmes on stand-by
                    I bet Sky will get there first ...

Comment

'Even Hitler had a Ma'.
                      As featured in the movie Glory Daze, and now on our playlist...not quite the title we were looking for, but pretty darned close...

spotify:track:74LNb17tM1FoOFzF8sVwUo

Comment

.....Just to say that I listened to the last WR in Madagascar yesterday and really enjoyed it. I will now go back to number 3 although the music to the spirits in this, the fifth, was a little challenging and I preferred the music later in the programme.

As others have suggested, this particular edition was in some senses Paddy's story and it was certainly worth telling. The information about his friendship with the late Robert Rindy was particularly moving and Glastonbury clearly isn't what it used to be!

Comment

......Mindboggling musicianship in tonight's Academy programme. A very enjoyable hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                            ......Mindboggling musicianship in tonight's Academy programme. A very enjoyable hour.
                            ....and so says all of me, Lat! Wonderful playing.

Comment

and so says
                              Jimmy scott sing "All of Me" with Masaru Uchibori Orchestra, Mike Kanan (piano solo) Arranged, Conducted by Masaru Uchibori.

Comment

That Hari Sivanesan is a real star of the last 12 months for me - every time I hear him he seems to get better and better. If he and Khyam Allami are signs of things to come, this World Routes Academy can go down as a real success. José Hernando sounded like a good choice for the next one - it'll be interesting to hear more from Colombia in the months ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X