Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Trips

I missed Kathryn Tickell's 'Music Planet' on Friday because of that there Youssou N'Dour's excellent Prom on the telly on Friday late. However all us would-be throat singers will want to make sure we don't miss Tuvan guitarist and throat singer, Albert Kuvezin's Road Trip to Tuva in Southern Siberia. I reckon they should give Albert his own show with a voice like that. A great listen, and you can catch other Music Planet Road Trips somewhere here on the website though my visit did include an advert from Clemmie too.

Mexico road trip next week, by the way!

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    I missed Kathryn Tickell's 'Music Planet' on Friday because of that there Youssou N'Dour's excellent Prom on the telly on Friday late. However all us would-be throat singers will want to make sure we don't miss Tuvan guitarist and throat singer, Albert Kuvezin's Road Trip to Tuva in Southern Siberia. I reckon they should give Albert his own show with a voice like that. A great listen, and you can catch other Music Planet Road Trips somewhere here on the website though my visit did include an advert from Clemmie too.

Many thanks for this recommendation, JC.

Comment

Listening to Allie Silver on the Road Trip through Argentina had me fancying a trip to Buenos Aires for the first time ever in as far as I can recall. She did go on a bit, but a couple of the tracks were really potent, especially the gutsy tango of Orquesta Típica Fernández Fierro performing a tiny bit of Sierpe. You can hear it from about 6 minutes in to this vid. Brilliant!
      01- 00:00 - Infierno porteño 02- 03:40 - Demolición 03- 06:21 - Sierpe 04- 08:47 - En silencio 05- 11:36 - Las luces del estadio / Bs. as. Hora 0 06- 15:04 -...

Also really enjoyed the final track on the Road Trip from Tierra Del Fuego by Buen Viaje. Anyway, Allie goes on a bit but I'm really enjoying Road Trip and not just because it means less Lopa.

Actually it was a good show last night for the most part.

Comment

Listening to Allie Silver on the Road Trip through Argentina had me fancying a trip to Buenos Aires for the first time ever in as far as I can recall. She did go on a bit, but a couple of the tracks were really potent, especially the gutsy tango of Orquesta Típica Fernández Fierro performing a tiny bit of Sierpe. You can hear it from about 6 minutes in to this vid. Brilliant!
        01- 00:00 - Infierno porteño 02- 03:40 - Demolición 03- 06:21 - Sierpe 04- 08:47 - En silencio 05- 11:36 - Las luces del estadio / Bs. as. Hora 0 06- 15:04 -...

Also really enjoyed the final track on the Road Trip from Tierra Del Fuego by Buen Viaje. Anyway, Allie goes on a bit but I'm really enjoying Road Trip and not just because it means less Lopa.

Actually it was a good show last night for the most part.
        Hmm. I'm trying to work out a way to link that into the fact that Max R is off on his very own road trip in Rio at the moment - it's the same continent. will that do?
        combined with the fact that it's Monday too here is some high-energy Brazilian music from Tiny Desk
        (men in suits warning - this is a rare thing nowadays!)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBwOOwcwTU

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
          Hmm. I'm trying to work out a way to link that into the fact that Max R is off on his very own road trip in Rio at the moment - it's the same continent. will that do?
          combined with the fact that it's Monday too here is some high-energy Brazilian music from Tiny Desk
          (men in suits warning - this is a rare thing nowadays!)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBwOOwcwTU
          Delightful, Global! Loved it! And though nothing to do with South America or Danilo as such, except that there's some fab mandolin in this one too. Here's 'Pilgrim' by Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band featuring a bit of Emmylou. Gets me right here!! (says he pointing to where it gets him...in the third person).
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Many thanks for the link and reminding me of Music Planet.

Despite complaints about mainstream programmes, I find there is too much of interest broadcast on R3 to keep up!

I miss Lucy Duran's World Routes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007m6x9 . Guess it was not audience friendly enough for the management. But I think Music Planet should extend this Road Trip concept and make the programme more thematic.
            Last edited by Quarky; 25-09-18, 10:35.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vespare;699090]

I miss Lucy Duran's World Routes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007m6x9

Agreed, 'the management' should have kept Dr Lucy's show in some shape or form and dropped World on 3/Music Planet. No idea why they made the choice they did.

Comment

[QUOTE=Globaltruth;699178]
                Originally posted by Vespare View Post

I miss Lucy Duran's World Routes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007m6x9

Agreed, 'the management' should have kept Dr Lucy's show in some shape or form and dropped World on 3/Music Planet. No idea why they made the choice they did.
                Sometimes I feel lucky we've got anything, GT. However, I think the Road Trip was a suggestion from here on the forum for BBCR3's flagship world music programme ( I seem to recall that you wrote the bid ), and once again last night it was a hit, at least that was how I heard it. Greenland was the topic, and mighty fine it was too with an excellent guide, Karsten Sommer, whose perspective was 'You don't know much about the music of Greenland, so I'll give you a bit of history'. Very enjoyable, as was the first hour and a bit of KT's show.

Comment

Working...
                X